𝐱𝐢. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥

A/N: Watch Aegon win everyone in solo, lmao- 

×

Aelina Targaryen, truly wasn't worried about Jacaerys Velaryon. Instead, she was taunted by the bad feeling, which got worse and worse as they became closer to Storm's End.

She had never felt this way, and it wasn't rational in this situation. The Baratheon house was working with Rhaenys over years. What could change?

But when three of them stopped in front of the castle, leaving their dragons behind, Aelina already knew what evoked such an obnoxious emotion in her before.

'Is that a dragon?' Lucerys asked, surprised.

Aemond tensed almost immediately, hands locking around his sister's wrist.

'It's not a dragon. It's the dragon.'

'Is that who I think it is?'

A beat of silence as all of them, in unison, whispered:

'Sunfyre.'

Aelina knew Sunfyre much longer than she knew Maevrina, and while he was smaller in size than Vhagar, he wasn't by any means worse or weaker. Sunfyre, admittedly, was feral when it came to his owner's state and safety, putting his wishes at first place.

'What this idiot is even doing here?' Aemond spitted out.

Well, that was a good question. Aegon hardly took part in secular events, and diplomatic negotiations definitely weren't his strong side. Yes, he was a king now, but it was the reason for even more questions. Why send a King to do such... Little talks?

'Lack of kids?' Lucerys tried to joke, although he looked whiter than chalk.

Aelina chuckled, patting him on his back comfortingly.

'That's possible.'

Aelina knew that someone should be sent to this mission from the opposite side, too. She just didn't think it would be Aegon one to be here. Why would someone send the only one heir left here, knowing that he could possibly die? Unless... Unless, Aegon was waiting for something.

Not Aemond and Aelina, of course. If Alicent knew that they would be here, she would never allow Aegon to come, knowing how unpredictable and uncontrollable twins are. Especially, when it came to their elder brother, both holding too many grudges against him.

'Your majesty, we have guests,' one of the guards that followed them through the corridors announced, when they got to the main hall.

New lord Baratheon, Borros, was sitting here. And before him, there was a well-known back of a person that Aelina and Aemond used to drag back from taverns.

Aegon.

As soon as he heard announcement, he exclaimed:

'Oh, my dear nephew, you have finally come!' He slowly turned to face Lucerys, smile fading, when he found not only him but his siblings as well. 'Oh. Little ones.'

How did he know that Lucerys is going to be here? Was there a traitor among them?

No. If there was, then Aegon will be warned about them too.

So, how could it be possible?

Lucerys demonstratively ignored him, instead bowing head to the man on the throne.

'Lord Borros Baratheon, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am...'

'Lucerys Velaryon, I am aware,' a man said, raising his hand in an attempt to stop his talks. 'But I believe there is not much you can offer me as you are late. Unless... You want to marry one of my daughters.'