𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲

A/N: This extra consists of two parts, so next one is going to be the continuation of this one. Enjoy!

×

It was the early morning of Monday, crowds of people filling the main street as life carried itself with the same grace and peace as it usually does. Aelina was standing with her back pressed to the wall, watching people afar, when she felt someone's prying hands trying to rob her.

This courage surprised her so much that she stood absolutely disoriented for a few seconds, before going after a quiet little figure that seemed slowly starting to run, understanding that his victim followed him.

It wasn't an uncommon thing for kids on the street to steal people, and most of the time, Aelina was fond enough to give them some goods and money, understanding the position they were in. But, for sake, God! Could they at least try to be less impudent?

She caught a little dark haired kid from behind, raising him by the collar with a simple tug, the weight of the boy being so light that she hardly felt anything.

'Ouch, ouch, lady, sorry!'

Aelina turned him around, towering over, and froze instantly.

'Oh,' he blinked at her. 'You are not a lady. Oh. Oh, Gods, you are Aelina Targaryen.'

He spoke, instantly widening his big blue eyes. Aelina's words died in her throat, and though she might look absolutely terrifying for the boy in front of her, she was no less stunned than he was.

'You know me.' She said dumbly.

'Of course,' he huffed. 'You are a legend. The Princess. Everyone knows you.'

But, Gods, it wasn't even the reason why Aelina asked, but because...

He looked exactly like Aegon did in this age. Excluding the colour of their hair, they were so... Alike. Aelina felt like talking with a ghost.

'What is your name?'

'Flavius.'

She chuckled.

How ironic.

Her grip on his clothes grew weaker as she realised him fully, not being able to look in this face for too long.

It should be some kind of joke. Sick joke.

If it wasn't for Aegon dying not so long ago, she would think that it was him, getting the second chance that he was praying about. But no, the boy looked much older, around his seven. It couldn't be possible, simply. Yet... Yet, she was feeling like she finally reached the peak of her insanity.

Without saying another word, hoping to escape this accident meeting, Aelina quickly made her way out with wide steps.

Only to be caught by the fabric of her winter coat, surprisingly strongly.

'Please, wait! I want you to teach me!'

Aelina blinked owlishly, turning to the little boy, Flavius.

'Teach you what exactly?'

'How to fight with the sword. Lady Targaryen, I mean, the Honourable Princess, please, be my teacher!' His voice rang loud in her head. Then, noticing her unchanging gaze, he added: 'I can pay you?'

'With what you stole from me?' She scoffed.

Now, Flavius looked just embarrassed, hands starting to roam in his pockets - his clothes weren't the best quality, immediately showing in him one of these orphans, who didn't have a home - but Aelina stopped him, squeezing his elbows.