𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧

Erelia Stark despised the Targaryen family as long as she remembered herself. And it was no surprise - egotistical and arrogant, they never cared for their people, instead, making others' lives worse than they already were. What purpose did their existence serve to people? Destruction? They could only fight for what they thought was their, and kill each other. They were less civil than the North ever was.

So, of course, when the news about them, wishing to make a pact with Starks, arrived to the North with the vast dragon and the youngest daughter of the King, Erelia wasn't pleased. Admittedly, the way Aelina Targaryen acted around her was far from pleasing in general, not helping Erelia's judgement.

'Aelina Targaryen from the house of Targaryen,' the girl announced, bowing her head slightly, voice emotionless and face indifferent. 'I came with peace. The only desire I hold is to talk things out.'

Erelia laughed internally. How many talks from her house about peace ended up with the war?

She wasn't planning to talk with her, especially about companionship. She wasn't a fool.

'I don't have time for you,' Erelia answered apathetically. 'My people will give you a sign, if I will find some time for you. And before that, your state - is not my problem.'

Erelia wasn't even planning to give this girl room to live. In fact, she didn't allow her to step in Winterfell, instead, closing the gates in front of her pale face, leaving her in the snow and cold in a barn, where her dragon was sleeping.

One thing Erelia knew - Targaryens were infantile and spoiled kids, being used only to the best qualities of life, always thinking that they deserve more than the most. And therefore, they would never survive the North. The absolute lack of better conditions should scare Aelina away, and the faster she leaves - the better.

When after a week her people asked her carefully what to do with the Targaryen girl, who still waited for an answer, Erelia blinked owlishly.

Truth to be told, Erelia forgot about her completely, thinking that she left the night she came. Not once in this week did she give an order to send princess food or even clothes - not like she even tried to ask - and she truly ignored such disregard, deciding to wait?

Erelia was careful with watching at her afar that day, seeing how Aelina hunted on the animals - with crude, not trained, yet wild motions; predator, not the hunter - eating them by half with her dragon.

Her clothes, though warm, weren't exactly made for the North, and so, she spent most of the day curling around her dragon, trying not to die.

But never left.

Erelia was pleasantly surprised.

'You are still here,' she exclaimed, getting in a barn. 'Why? You could leave anytime.'

Aelina turned to face her, her hair and eyelashes were covered by snow fully, thin lips pale and blue, almost.

'Why would I?' Her hoarse voice sent chills down her spine, making Erelia straight her back unconsciously. 'I will not hesitate to sacrifice some time to gain what I want. Even if you don't take me seriously, I shall prove my worth.'

Perhaps, Erelia was too stunned. But in the end she gave up, telling her to come into her chambers later, to warm up and to listen to her, finally.

When Aelina didn't show up, the lady of Wintetwell was smart enough to understand that something was wrong. They found the Targaryen girl unconscious in the end, shivering badly.

And, well... The stubbornness of her was something that made Erelia sure - they will find some common tongue.

×