𝐢𝐱. 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐥𝐝-𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲

'Rate our chances of being poisoned this evening,' Aemond whispered in her ear as they made their way to the dining hall, right after receiving an invitation from one of the maids, who worked here.

Due to running away from the house without proper preparation, they didn't have any other clothes, so Rhaenyra was nice enough to offer them some, remarkably similar to the one they usually wore. It's a good thing that she and Aemond never were in green, always choosing black.

'Low,' Aelina opened the door for them, letting her brother walk inside. And as they appeared in the room, she added quietly, not to be heard. 'Daemon Targaryen thinks it's boring, to kill his enemies in such a boring way.'

'How very promising.'

Everyone was already here, sitting, probably, in their usual places, leaving only two free chairs for the quests - one from Jacaerys's side and second one, from Rhaenyra's. It made the twins glare at each other, mentally fighting over who would sit where, since Aemond still didn't want to share his place with their sister.

'Little niece and nephew are here,' Daemon informed.

Now attention was locked fully on them, like they were some kind of exotic creature, and it made Aelina wish to say something incredibly rude. She didn't, of course. Instead, both of them bowed slightly as a silent greeting, and took their place - Aelina pacing slightly faster so Aemond could be the one to sit beside Rhaenyra. To that, being the little menace he is, her brother kicked her under the table.

'How do you like it here?' Jacaerys was first to ask something, simultaneously filling her cup with some wine.

'Quite fine for living,' Aelina answered vaguely.

She wondered if they were going to pray before eating? Aemond seemed to question exactly the same thing as both of them already locked their hands, patiently waiting for the usual ritual. But others didn't do the same.

'We... We don't pray,' Rhaenyra answered, noticing their confusion. 'If you want to then feel free to, though. It's just not necessary.'

Aemond was quick to accept this as he nodded immediately, never much of a believer. Aelina, too, didn't remember to pray for the past years, just getting along with traditions. Yet, it felt strange to break such tradition. They did that over the years, every day. And now they are free to break it.

'Shall a nice dinner it be,' her brother wished in a monotonous voice of his, more from habit rather than sincerely.

Nevertheless, others thanked him, starting to eat. Aelina and Aemond didn't. Instead, they waited for Rhaenyra and Daemon to start, and while their sister was already cutting her meat, uncle only lazily played with a fork in his hand.

'Aunt, is there a problem with your food?' Lucerys noticed from his place, on the opposite side of Jacaerys. 'If you don't like something, we can change!'

Aelina looked at him with terror.

Change? How could this unbelievable attitude be possible at dinner!?

Aelina remembered how Aelina and Aegon, still kids back then, were picking fish and meat from each other's plates as she preferred meat over fish, while Aegon always enjoyed seafood more than others. Oh, you can't even imagine how long they were lectured that day by Otto as soon as he caught them on that!

"Not royalty like! And you should eat anything you are given!"

'No, thank you,' she replied quickly.

'What are both of you waiting for?' Rhaena narrowed her eyes. 'There is no poison.'