𝐱𝐱. 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐥𝐲

A/N: The second part of this chapter is not from Aelina's pov! Surprise! But it also not the switch of povs, too. You will get to see it as if its the part of chronicles about Targaryen family from the future. So, i hope it will be fun for you. xo-xo.

×

'So, what are you planning to do, my little dragon?' Aelina whispered softly and an unbothered hum left her lips as if they weren't hiding in tunnels, waiting for the right moment to leave but walking side by side somewhere in the garden.

Running away, not being noticed by ever present uncle was easier than they thought it would be; apparently, these days he spent nights by Rhaenyra's side of bed as she suffered from terrible nightmares that mixed with hallucinations sometimes - she still called Aelina Visenya time to time, when her mind was wandering not here - and an unexplained fever. Therefore, he couldn't know that they left, even if he really wanted to.

'Sunfyre,' Aemond answered her in the same intonation, drawing something on the wall with his index finger; perhaps, it was birds or poorly driven dragons, Aelina couldn't say that. 'Would be a shame if something happens to Aegon's dearest friend and the only force.'

The only force, because as they found out - overheard the conversation between the guards - Dreamfyre died right after her rider, curled under the windows of her chambers. There weren't any reasons for such a healthy and powerful dragon to die, but, oh, the bond between rider and the dragon was strong. Stronger that people liked to think. Sometimes, Aelina thought if Maevrina was ever hurt by losing hers? Maybe she never cared, or stopped to do so after a while. Maybe Aelina will find out when she dies.

So with Dreamfyre being not on the chessboard anymore, Sunfyre was the only dragon left in the capital, not counting some of Aegon's allies. And if something will happen with Sunfyre not only will stay completely defenceless, but also Aegon will lose an important friend, someone he cherished over years.

How sad it must be! Aemond was truly cruel!

Oh, Aelina would love to see Aegon cry over it.

'Kinslayers, Dragonslayers... My, my, brother, we are going to have the longest list of titles than anyone in history,' Aelina huffed, fixing the front hair of hers.

'Oh, we can do better,' Aemond answered.

Both of them fell silent. The reason for being called Kinslayers, the rumours that everyone spread due these days, were not the pleasant ones. It made them sick to be called this, just because...

She wished they could get this title more justified.

'Before we part our ways, sister...'

One of the tunnel doors opened as they held their breath, waiting. It was their chance, for Aelina to get inside, and for Aemond to leave to find Sunfyre.

There was a soft cling of boots against the stones, huffs and then, a voice, a pretty familiar one:

'Who is here?'

She thought it would be one of the guards, whose death is going to pave her way to the throne hall, but, oh, Otto Hightower? That's even better.

Aemond glanced at his sister, but she waved him off carelessly.

"I will take care. You - go."

Aemond left as silent as anyone could, never being noticed in the first place. When Aelina was sure that he wasn't around anymore, she hit the wall with knuckles, turning attention to herself.

'Knock, knock. Who is there, grandfather?'

×

«'Are we finished?'