𝐢𝐯. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐞

Well, it wasn't as bad as it could be... At least, at first.

It was a quite simple family dinner as if there weren't years of hatred and arguments all over again. Kids were having fun, Alicent and Rhaenyra sitting at one table without intentions to kill each other, Heleana and Aegon joking with Jacaerys and Lucerys, like a long time ago.

So when did it go wrong?

Probably when Viserys's state worsened at once, making him cough for a whole five minutes. Round eyes getting hazy, words, coming from lips sounding more and more unrecognisable.

'Father, what is it?' Rhaenyra was quick to lose all her happiness at once, genuine worry glistening on her face.

'Aemma... Aemma?' He turned to the right side, eyes hardly finding Aelina's face in the crowd of many. 'Aemma, why are you sitting so far?'

Every sound in the room stopped.

Such a common thing for Alicent, Aelina, Aemond and even Aegon - the king's delirium was totally unexpected for others. Their mouths agape as they turned heads on Aelina.

'Father, it's your daughter, Aelina...' Rhaenyra smiled sadly.

Little did she know, it was impossible to get through him in moments like this.

'The only daughter I have is you...' he sighed. 'Aemma, I don't feel quite good. Could you please help your husband get into chambers?'

'My dear, allow me...' Alicent smiled, attempting to help Viserys to stand from his seat.

Instead, he stayed stubborn, watching right at Aelina. It made her rise from the chair and plaster a usual smile on her face; never the true one, but believable in the eyes of her father.

'Of course,' she said. 'Let's go to chambers... Hm?'

Aelina quickly reached his side, holding out for him as he gladly got on his feet, clutching her hand tightly. And wherever she was, Aemond always followed, so it was a question of a mere second how he made his way to them, helping Viserys to lean on him from the opposite side.

'Oh, Daemon, you are here too... How was it? Your journey? Tell me about it.'

And this time no one interrupted him, the understanding slowly dawning on them. They could not help Viserys. For just one second he was laughing with his brother and in second he was already confusing him with his own son.

'It was alright,' Aemond answered without any hesitation.

They have repeated all these lines so many times, over and over, so they learned it by heart.

'Oh, and Aemma, look at how beautiful and strong our girl is now! Have you already seen Rhaenyra?'

Aelina mused.

'Sure. She is amazing. The amazing daughter of a great father. Now, let's go to chambers. You need to sleep a little bit, okay?'

Amazing daughter! The title Rhaenyra gained without doing anything. She was just being herself, not even visiting him for ages, and still, was someone impossible majestic in Viserys's eyes. The only daughter, he said. Oh, really, how could Aelina, the only daughter who was at his side for so long, compare!

Despite the anger she felt - towards herself, towards her father and Rhaenyra - Aelina simply continued her way.

'Aemond, there is no point in you going with us. Stay here... Maybe explain to our sister dearest the situation?' She whispered to her brother, loud enough to be heard by others but not too much to break Viserys's ramblings.