Lavender haze

...

"I want you".

Carson climbed her, staying on her toes, passing her arms around her neck, bringing her close, kissing her lips, searching her tongue, meeting her soft moans.

It could've been a second later, or maybe an hour, Greta was sitting on her trailer bed, Carson straddling her hips, Greta's hands on her waist, Carson's hands between the strands of her hair, their kiss so desperate, the atmosphere around them so heavy, the clothes sticking to their skin, so hot and damp, like in a haze.

Carson wanted to stay there, feeling Greta's hands finding her lower back and reaching even lower. Greta wanted to stay there, feeling Carson's tongue finding the point of pulse on her neck and sucking it into her mouth.

They just wanted to stay there. Their hands everywhere. Touching while kissing.

Then Greta's phone buzzed and pinged inside the pocket of her jacket that Carson was still wearing, and they broke apart, blushing, painfully aware that this interruption was probably for the best.

"It's Joey," Greta said once she got her phone from the jacket's front pocket. "Just wanted to know if we got home ok".

"Right," Carson said.

Carson was still on Greta's lap, straddling her, and Greta's hands were on her thighs, holding onto her. Carson's eyes stared at the car window above Greta's head, 'cause she simply couldn't look her in the eyes, afraid that she'd see all of her want right there.

"Look," Greta searched her eyes to look at her, "I want you too, if that wasn't obvious before, after this make-out sesh, I think it's pretty clear," Carson giggled. "But a lot happened tonight, and I don't think we should add this to the pile of things you're feeling right now".

"You're right," Carson said, although it was already in the pile of feelings creeping up on her chest, and on this particular matter, on her lower abdomen.

Carson got up, but Greta didn't let her go away.

Greta took off the jacket and got herself comfortable on the bed/couch, resting her back against the sidearm and the pillows, and opened her legs to make space for Carson.

"Stay, stay," she asked, "here".

Carson got the second bottle of rosé wine from the table, after getting rid of her own jacket, and sat down in between Greta's legs, leaning against her chest, her head against her shoulder.

They shared the bottle, taking small gulps.

It was cheap wine so quite sweet, but they liked it.

"At least we're no longer cold," Carson mentioned and Greta chuckled.

"Oh, yeah? So you kissed me just to keep yourself warm?"

"It was either that or curl into a ball below the duvet," Carson said dismissively.

"The things a woman has to do to keep herself from freezing," Greta went along with it, amused by Carson's recently found ability to tease her, "I'm curious about your singing voice," she went back to the karaoke topic.

"I can't sing," Carson chortled, "I definitely cannot sing. In fact I demand you stay in the bathroom with your hands over your ears when I take the mic".

"Trust me, no matter how bad it is, I've seen worse on the road. Besides, I'm going karaoking for you. Of course, I'll stay there to hear you sing."

"Greta," Carson tried, "you don't have to do it for me, there's no need for it".