I stan you

When Greta woke up the sun was already high in the sky, and her skin was burning under its light. They were up until way after four, then they'd fallen asleep right there by the lake, tucked beneath the blankets and surrounded by the smell of Joey's melon-flavored cigarettes.

Jo and May were still deeply asleep, Carson, on the other hand, was moving a bit, which meant she would wake up anytime soon, so Greta just waited quietly, enjoying how beautiful she looked, wrapped in a cocoon of blankets, snoozing softly, her hair all messed up, sticking to her sweaty forehead.

She checked her phone, it was almost nine a.m. and they better get going or they'd never get a proper spot to see Taylor Swift, but all her friends looked so peaceful sleeping on the grass under the hottest sun she'd seen in months that she simply couldn't convince herself to wake them up. 

She opened her Instagram app to kill some time and the first post on her feed was exactly Carson's post from earlier. She had not tagged her, but Greta found herself right there on it, near the lake, under the moon, by Carson's clever eyes. 

I've never seen someone lit from within. Carson had captioned it.

Greta asked herself if she had it in her, that inner light Carson talked about. She asked herself what was it that Carson saw on her, the one thing that had made her kiss her that night in the back of the bar, the thing that had made her give herself to her entirely as she did on that night at the motel. Every time they were together it was so wholesome, Greta felt like… not like Carson completed her, but as she could just be everything she was around her, not having to hide one single trait of her personality, sure that she would never be too much or scare her away by being herself.

Greta wondered if she was being delusional, but it was getting harder and harder to ignore all those feelings she had inside, feelings for Carson. It was getting hard not to picture them together in the days to come. Days, weeks, maybe years. She wanted years. She wanted to see Carson in the middle of her audience on every gig she got, and see her blush every time she winked at her for no particular reason, she wanted to watch her reading on a warm Sunday afternoon, and get her coffee on Monday morning, and she wanted to put her to bed every night and touch her and let herself be touched by her until they were worn out and dizzy.

"Earth to Greta," Greta heard Carson's voice as if she was miles away.

Carson had sat down and was drying her forehead with the blanket.

"Hey," she landed back on Earth. "Feeling good this morning?"

"Really good considering… well, everything."

"Are you playing paparazzi now?" Greta asked, turning her phone and showing Carson's post to her.

"You're an artist, you should get your fair share of paparazzi pictures. Plus you looked really beautiful last night. I mean, you always do, but there was the lake and the moon and you were…" Carson couldn't really find the words.

"Are you trying to charm me, Carson?" Greta asked and Carson blushed hard.

She approached her, sitting on her knees in front of Carson, and cupping her cheek.

"Because it's working."

Carson's ears buzzed when Greta got even closer and kissed her lips. She tasted a bit bitter from the wine they had drank and for some reason Carson loved the taste. And Greta had said it. It wasn't much, but it was something. Carson made Greta feel something and Greta acknowledged the fact out loud. Carson felt like she could cheer and do some flips or something, but she stayed quiet, the cheering and flipping and fireworks happening only inside her head, whilst she pulled Greta by the neck, and Greta kissed her deeply, their tongues perfectly fitting together.