Chapter Three

Henry POV

It was longer than 30 minutes than I thought. I yawned as I followed Maddison downstairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Maddison said as she stopped by the front door.

I nodded heading out the door, the chilly breeze nipping at my skin. I didn't mean to stay so long. Maddison kept wanting to take breaks and she didn't understand all the math equations. I could feel a headache coming on.

I got in my car, waving at Maddison who waited until I was in my car to close the door. That was weird, not even my mother did that for me. I just backed out of her driveway, ignoring this weird buzz in my chest.

After 20 minutes of driving and listening to a CD Phoebe burned for me, I was home. The lights were off, I could only assume and hope that the gross man was gone. I used my house key to unlock the door. I could hear Peppa pig in the living room. Sabrina must've fallen asleep in the living room.

I walked to the living room, the sight making my blood boil. This man, Chad was sticking a needle in my mom's arm. Sabrina was oblivious, engrossed with the pig show. After Chad removed the needle, mom leaned down to sniff a line.

I couldn't be surprised, I wasn't. I walked quietly to Sabrina.

"Let's get something to eat," I whispered grabbing her hand. "Have you eaten?"  I added leading her back to the kitchen.

They must've been drugged up not to notice me. I was seething, if I was to cause a scene and argue it wouldn't matter she wouldn't change.

"Mommy gave me a popsicle and let me watch tv," Sabrina said rubbing her eyes.

"Are you tired?" I asked setting a bowl of cereal down for her.

Sabrina didn't answer as she stuffed her face with cheerios. I sighed, I didn't like what happened tonight. I could barely leave her alone with mom, now I had to leave her alone with Chad.

I was so pissed, I was losing my mind.

Maddison's POV

The Next Day

I was at Eva's locker as she applied her third layer of lipgloss. Kal was beside her, texting away at his phone. Cheer practice was canceled, and the choir class had to use the gym.

I had been thinking about last night ever since I woke up.

Henry had looked so focused as he explained algebraic theories. He made me write as he explained, and my hands are aching.

"You should write it yourself, it sticks to the brain." He said not looking up from the equation sheet.

I wrote five different theories just to solve four equations. Not only did my hands hurt, but my brain also did too.

Henry smelt so good, it wasn't a powerful scent..subtle. He is so nice and kind, I liked that he didn't baby me, my father did that already.

I snapped out of my thoughts when a hand rested on my shoulder. I turned around seeing Alex standing there with his charming smile on his face. He's been trying too hard to get with me and I'm finding it annoying. It's irritating too.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked me

"Not much, I'm about to head to class," I said to him. Eva looked at me with a smirk and grabbed Kal's arm walking away.

"I'll see you later Maddy," She said smiling. I narrowed my eyes at her and she giggled walking away.

"So, what are you doing this Friday?" Alex asked me