Chapter four

Madison's POV

Henry had just left and my dad was making dinner. I walked into the kitchen after locking the front door.

"We'll be seeing your mother tomorrow." He said turning to face me.

"So, Is Henry coming over tomorrow?" He asked sitting at the table.

"Yeah, the project isn't due until Friday. He'll be around a lot." I said letting him know in advance.

He nodded slowly, "You Know once your mother is out of the hospital, I wanna talk about having kids.." he said smiling awkwardly.

"You want a kid?" I asked curiously.

He had never shown interest in extending the family before. Mom talked about getting a pet but never pregnant.

"Before your mother had...cancer, she wanted to be an active mother. Talking about motherhood in college." He said quietly as he reached to grab my hand.

"Sara was an energetic woman. She was too kind and selfless. She nurtured everyone she met, and she wanted to teach but then she got pregnant along with getting diagnosed with cervical cancer. Her life stopped way before she was ready."

My dad stopped talking, taking a deep breath.

It was hard to be a kid and have to go to the hospital right after school. People pointing and laughing at me, saying my mother was going to die.

So, when I heard that my mother was taking chemotherapy I was so excited. I tried harder at things because I wanted to make her proud but my dad was applying too much pressure that I couldn't stop if I wanted to.

"What do you want for dinner?" My dad asked grabbing the house phone.

My dad usually made something healthy or something plant-based. So, I rarely got to choose what was made.

"Pizza," I said with a smile.

Henry POV

It was Wednesday and It was free period and we were hanging around the lockers. Phoebe was smacking on gum, scanning the hallway for someone.

"You've been doing that for the past 30 minutes," I said waving my hand in her face.

I sighed getting ignored, I didn't want to be in my head right now. Especially after what happened with Sabrina yesterday before I went to Maddison's.

-flashback Warning-

I had just gotten home from work and all the lights were off. I went to my room...it was empty. I walked inside checking the closet as well.

I wanted to show Sabrina the coloring book I got her. It was a little treat for her if I could find her. It was starting to rain and I didn't want to drive in the rain.

I went to check in mom's room, it was empty. Chad wasn't there nor was mom. I was getting nervous, my hands were sweaty and my heart was beating a mile a minute.

I had checked everything, my head was pounding. I walked to the back door, the door was locked. I hadn't checked the background. I opened the door and stared at the little girl sitting in the rain. Her pants were soaking.