Chapter twenty-seven

Henry's POV
(I apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes)

"Mm." I groaned softly as I blinked and opened my eyes. A white ceiling, the ceiling lights hurt my eyes. I looked around and saw a tan curtain. I heard beeping...annoying beeping. I sat up and that's when it hit me. The smell of the hospital, oh how I knew that smell by heart.

"I'm in a fucking hospital." I mumbled to myself. Who even took me here? The last thing I remember was being on the grass with Serenity. After a fight with Alex that got physical. I sighed deeply and rolled my eyes. My head was pounding. Nothing felt broken though. So, lucky me.

"Oh- you're awake."

I opened my eyes and grew even more agitated if that was possible.

"Serenity, I told you. You didn't have-"

"I know but you passed out and I got nervous. They tried calling your parents but couldn't reach them." Serenity explained as she sat in the chair close to the bed. Her hair was pulled up and instead of the dress she had on last night, it was sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

Of course, they would try to reach my shitty parents. One was living their best life with a new family and one was drugged out. Let's not be surprised. Neither of them would care if I died right here.

"When can I go home?" I asked looking around. I noticed the IV in my arm. I was still in my regular clothes thankfully. My clothes smelt of liquor and there was a blood stain on my pants leg.

"Uh, I'll find someone. The nurse said you just passed out from the pain most likely. Your body overworking itself. You-"

"I want to know when I'll be able to leave. I don't care about my condition." I mumbled rolling my eyes. The silence stretched for longer than a minute and I looked up. She was gone. I needed my phone. I doubt anyone wanted to reach me. I looked around and saw it on the coffee table beside the bed. I grabbed it to cut it on and luckily it had some power left.

A missed call Derek...multiple missed calls and text messages from Maddison. I laughed to myself when I saw a text message from Olivia. I messaged Derek and then shut my phone off.

"You are awake Mr. Jordan. Since you are 18, the legal age to sign yourself out. You may discharge yourself. I only recommend you take a day to rest and take some painkillers." A doctor spoke as she came into the room. Serenity followed behind her. I watched as the doctor pulled the IV out of my arm. She motioned for me to lie back as she felt around my stomach and checked my breathing.

"Also, maybe ice your bruises. I would hate to see you back here." She said with a tight smile as she handed me a clipboard with a paper attached to it. I nodded and grabbed the pen.

——

I didn't think it would be awkward between Serenity and I. For one, we barely knew each other, and two, for the short amount of time I knew her. She was talkative. Yet, she hadn't said anything since we left the hospital. She didn't even acknowledge me when I told her to drive me back to my car. I don't know why I cared so much but it was bugging me.

"Um..thanks. For taking me to the hospital." I said looking over at her. Her brown eyes were trained on the road.

"I know...I acted like an ass but I'm just not used to people being so caring. I appreciate that." I mumbled as I tapped my thighs as I waited for a response.

"It's fine, I didn't mean to overstep my boundaries with you. I should've listened to you." Serenity said softly as she glanced over at me for a moment with a smile. The car came to a stop and I saw my car a few feet away. Honestly, I just wanted to rest.