Chapter Twenty-Six

(Disclaimer - I don't condone that violence...nor can I write a good fight so...lol)

Henry's POV

I felt out of my element. There was always room to leave but I just couldn't. The last thing I needed was to drive under the influence...maybe that was what stopped me. Or maybe it was watching Maddison from across the room. In that bright red swim suit that clung to her wet skin. I quickly looked away, that gross to think about. I shook the thought out my head. It was random but still there.

Olivia had brought everyone back inside. She popped in some pop music. It added onto my brewing headache. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back and seen Olivia with a big smile. Her icy blue eyes were dark with whatever was in that head of hers.

"I've been trying to talk to you all night. What's got you so distracted?" She asked walking in front of me.

"Nothing." I said quickly.

"Okay, then dance with me." She said wrapping her arms around my neck. Without thinking, I ripped her hands off. This wasn't a public relationship or even a relationship. It was meant to be a private thing between us.

"What are you doing?" She said with an offended tone. She held a confused expression on her face.

"I don't think this is the place for this." I simply stated.

"Nobody is gonna care that I'm just dancing with you. Lighten up." She said. I rolled my eyes at her statement. Regardless, I bit my tongue and decided to one dance with her. Maybe she would leave me alone.

"Fine." I bit out as she closed the space between us. I let her guide my hands to her waist. A dance song played and Olivia started to sway her hips. She ran her hands through my hair before sliding them to my neck. Giving my neck a soft squeeze.

"I've missed you. I've been lonely without you." She said with a pout as she pulled me closer to her face. I looked away for moment, I felt my face heat up. Maybe it was the liquor in my system or just the temperature in the room. But I couldn't take it.

"Uh, I need some air." I broke out of her grasp. Olivia backed up and looked me up and down.

"Do you need me to come with you?" She whispered. I shook my head no, I didn't want to be around her. I wanted to not feel stuck and squished with my own bad decision. I walked to the kitchen. It was moments like this where I felt I had sabotaged myself. Why was I bent on trying to be something I knew I wasn't? I didn't have anyone to blame but myself.

I turned on the sink and watched as the water poured into the sink. I had walked off the path I set for myself. I wasn't supposed to be here. I needed to be with Sabrina and making sure I wasn't failing her. The last thing I wanted was for her to think I was like mom. Yes, Derek was a nice guy and treated Sabrina well but he wasn't her father or family. He was nothing to us.

"Are you okay?"

I quickly turned to see the girl from earlier. Serenity.

"Uh- yeah. I'm fine. The music is just loud." I lied.

"Oh. Yeah, sometimes loud music gives me a headache too." She replied as she took a seat at the table in front of me. She pulled out her phone and went quiet. I felt awkward but this was a public place. So, I couldn't tell her to leave it would be an asshole moment to have. Instead, I looked at her.

"I can feel you staring at me." She laughed as she looked up at me.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I looked elsewhere. Great Henry, now I'm sure she thinks I'm a creep. Before I could make a fool out of myself, I decided to leave. I didn't want to be social anymore. That's the last thing I wanted actually. When I went back to the living room. The last person I wanted to see was lounging on the couch. I bit my lip and kept quiet. I didn't want Alex to see me.