Chapter Eleven

Eva's POV

The party had still been going strong. The lights had been cut off completely, I don't remember when it happened. The only light came from the occasional flick of a lighter and the LED lamp in the corner of the room. I was seated between my friends from chemistry class. It was fairly clouded in the living room, I passed the blunt to Maya, her eyes glazed over. She had said something but I wasn't paying attention. I was more focused on the dark skin male attempting to slip out the front door without being noticed.

I stood up from the couch taking three more puffs before walking. I blew out the smoke as I walked, I had my lighter tucked in my bra in case the wind blew the cherry out. I opened the door and saw Kalian sitting on the porch step.

I took my place beside him, not speaking just staring out into the night. I put out the blunt, the Streetlights light up the sidewalk, making the dark less scary in my opinion. I looked over at Kalian, those bags under his eyes seeming to never leave lately. He was quieter and more closed off from me these past few weeks.

"Did you forget about your girlfriend?" I joked giggling after quietly

Kalian's eyes shot up to meet mine, his posture relaxing some. He let out a quiet laugh, nudging me with his shoulder.

"You wanna come up to my room? We can have more privacy." I whispered leaning into him

"I can't."

"Why?"

"..."

"..how have you been?" I asked after a moment of silence passed

"Why are you making this awkward?" Kalian asked kissing his teeth.

My eyes widened a bit at the attitude switch.

"It was a simple question." I muttered not looking at him anymore.

There was this tension now. It wasn't awkward before until now. I rolled my eyes and began to stand.

"I just want to check on you, why are you acting like this?" I snapped glancing down at him.

"I don't see you at all anymore. Tonight is the only moment I can communicate with you and you are ignoring me." I added agitated

Kalian and I were so attached to the hip, then suddenly he starts ignoring my calls, texts, and my whole existence. The drifting away was noticeable and painful when on the receiving end.

"Fine. We can go upstairs." Kalian stands up turning on his heel to go back inside.

"This isn't about going upstairs!" I grabbed onto his arm

"You are being difficult," he snapped.

"It's deserved. You have been ignoring me for weeks. You can handle some difficulties." I said letting go of his arm.

Kalian stayed silent before walking around me. I followed his every move as he got in the car. I wanted so badly to be mad but I just couldn't. I watched as he left, still stuck in one place. My eyes burned as tears wanted to fall.

------

Henry's POV

I had a headache and Maddison's talking was making it worse or maybe it was me. I didn't want to be here in the first place but Phoebe wanted 'moral support'. So, I did what any good friend would do. I sucked it up and came but my plan to hide in peace was ruined by the brunette sitting in front of me.

Before I could speak up to excuse myself, I heard the kitchen door open.

"I've been looking for you everywhere."