Chapter Eighteen

Henry's POV

Chad.

He had come back, he was on the couch, and two women were beside him in matched furry bikinis. I rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe him. Coming back in here like he owned this house. I rolled my eyes, heading into the kitchen. Mom was sprawled on the table, a cigarette in hand.

"Mom, do you know Chad is here?" I asked

"Yeah, he visited last night." she slurred leaning up.

I looked around, seeing shattered glass and pieces of clothing. I needed to clean this before Sabrina was awake. I bent down to clean up the mess carefully, throwing the pieces in the trash bin. After, I made sure the ground was safe for Sabrina. I headed outside, I needed a breath of fresh air. Chad had come back here and Mom welcomed him with open arms. He was invading our space uninvited.

I felt my pocket buzz, I pulled out my phone seeing I had a text from no other than Maddison.

Maddison - My Dad is having a party, you should come. He wanted me to ask you.

I stared at the message, I had only gone to one party. I wasn't capable of going to a party, especially now. I didn't trust Chad to be around Sabrina. Parties always include drinking, drugs, and bad decisions. Shall I go on?

Me - I can't have to watch Sabrina. Thanks for asking though.

Maddison - tons of kids will be here, bring her

I cursed Maddison and her determination. what kind of party included kids? That didn't sound right. I didn't trust the idea either. I shut off my phone and the final answer was no anyway. I turned to go back into the house. I need to wake Sabrina up. I knew I told Maddison I was open to being her friend. Yet, everything she wanted to do involved crowds. I wasn't a people person, adults, and parties were an automatic no.

I walked back to my room, Sabrina now in the middle of the bed. I quietly walked to the bed, shaking the little girl awake.

"Come on Sabrina, It's time to wake up." I whispered.

Sabrina whined, pulling the cover over her head. I gently pulled the blanket back. Her messy brown hair stuck to her forehead.

"The faster you get in the bath, the quicker we can eat," I suggested. She nodded slowly. I pulled her into my arms. I carried her to the bathroom. I sat Sabrina on the sink counter and cut on the light. I walked to the bathtub and turned on the water. I put my hand underneath the water. I made sure it was warm enough to wake her up.

"Such a cute baby."

I quickly turned around, and one of the women that were on the couch was in the doorframe. She smiled at Sabrina, then walked off. I got up and shut the door, locking it. I didn't want anyone to look or speak to Sabrina. I quickly turned back to the bath, I quickly shut the water off.

"Okay, get in. Wash up." I said out loud, turning to Sabrina. I walked over to the counter, placing her on the floor.

"Wash under your arms. Don't make me wash you again. You don't like it, I don't like it." I said sternly, bending down to hand her a rag from underneath the sink.

"Okay, I want pizza and meatballs." She said with a sleepy voice. I nodded, turning back to the locked door, unlocking it. I left the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Sabrina wasn't getting either, she was getting a peanut and jelly sandwich. I walked to the kitchen, and the person I hated most was in there. Chad. Mom must've gone elsewhere, she wasn't on the table anymore.

"Henry! Hey kid." he greeted looking up from his phone.

I opened the fridge and got out the bread and grape jelly. We didn't have any peanut butter, I would have to pick up some later. I placed the items on the counter, and I felt Chad burning holes into the side of my face.