Chapter Ten

It's a pretty long chapterrrr. Hope y'all enjoy! Please leave comments or I'll eat y'all 🩵

-Maddison's POV-

The gym was loud and filled with cheers from the stadium. It was nothing but a dull sound in the background. I was nervously pacing back and forth. My heart was pounding, Eva was seated on the bathroom sink counter. Kal was beside her holding onto her thigh.

"You are making me dizzy." Eva complained as she rubbed at her eyes

"Sorry." I mumbled stopping in my steps and walking over to the duo.

Eva smiled sadly at me. "Colt won't be able to scout you if you're hiding in the bathroom."

I had completely forgotten about the older woman. I was more focused on qualifying for the second round than a brief conversation.

I exhaled. I wasn't focusing on it, my dad hadn't come. It didn't matter really but it would've been nice to see him cheering me on. I brushed that thought aside. I had seen Henry and Alex both in the bleachers.

Henry was beside a girl that seemed familiar, Alex was with his friends. I could only think about how they both saw me make a complete fool out of myself.

I was so wrapped in my head that I didn't notice the locker door open. I looked up seeing those icy blue eyes that could only belong to one person.

"I was wondering where you freaks went off to." she said grinning at us.

I fought back the sense to roll my eyes. She eyed us noticing she wasn't gonna get a response from no one.

"You light bulb bitch." Eva said under her breath earning a pinch from Kal.

Olivia must've heard her because she turned towards her. Her eyes narrowed and her hand on her hip.

"You're calling me a bitch? You can't even do a simple round-off. I saw your sweaty meat hands slipping." she said cocking her eyebrow.

I assumed she was trying to get a rise out of Eva. Who I could tell was falling for the bait. I decided to step in before it got any farther.

"Is there a reason you came in here?" I asked getting in between them.

Olivia adjusted her stance, she stepped back. She tightens her hair bow in her hair.

"Yeah actually, they are announcing the winning squads in 10 minutes." she said quickly still eyeing Eva.

"Moving onto the second round." she added clarifying

I nodded and began to walk out of the locker room. I sensed them following after me. I noticed that Henry was alone standing by the gym doors. I quickly turned to his path deciding to spark a conversation.

He was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt and white sweats. His arms were lean but he had enough muscle to fill the shirt out perfectly. I cleared my throat and stopped once I was behind him.

I tapped his shoulder and smiled at him once he saw me. His brown eyes shone with something that I'd never seen before. I felt my face heat up as I looked off to the side.

"Oh Maddison." his eyes dulled a bit and he looked toward the gym floor scanning for someone else.

"I didn't know you came to these things." I said lazily as I ignored that look wasn't meant for me.

"Oh, I don't, Phoebe dragged me here." he said rolling his eyes.

"She has been crushing on some guy that's on the team." he said calmly leaning against the door frame.