Chapter 3

"Hey sweetness.." JeongWoo called as he gingerly rubbed Junkyu's cheek with his knuckles.

Junkyu just stared at the alpha in front of him. The guy's face has everything that would make him passed as a straight-A alpha. Chiseled square jaws, strong cheekbones, sharp eyes and perfectly defined eyebrows. Two fresh stitches decorating his forehead; the stitches Junkyu supposed to do for him on behalf of Jaehyuk.

Rough, masculine, and dangerous; the first impression Junkyu believe everyone would have on him. And yet he was staring at him with such gentleness Junkyu couldn't fathom.

"What is your name?" Junkyu asked, ignoring the given pet name from the alpha. It sounded more like a demand instead of a question as Junkyu realized he has a guy whom he doesn't know the name yet in his bedroom, in his used-to-be sacred chamber with Haruto.

"JeongWoo. Park JeongWoo." The alpha answered.

He casted his eyes down at JeongWoo's chest with his brows furrowed in the middle. He remember Jihoon mentioned him as his brother at Jaehyuk's exam room.

They indeed have the same family name. So, he's also one of those high-level alpha I hate —Junkyu mussed.

"Park JeongWoo.." He repeated as though he wanted to taste what the alpha's name feels like in his tongue, and JeongWoo could swear to Goddess, his name never sounded that sweet.

"I'm Kim Junkyu." Junkyu introduced himself, looking back up at the alpha. "You can call me Junkyu."

"I know your name, sweetheart." JeongWoo chuckled as he brushed strands of damp hair away from Junkyu's forehead.

"You are my true mate?" Junkyu asked in a small voice. His hand unconsciously latched on his engagement ring with Haruto hidden under his green color scrub. He wasn't sure if he's ready to hear the answer. He prayed JeongWoo would answer with a no, that the instant connection he has with the alpha was just his illusion, and he's still Haruto's mate.

A gentle smile rose from the corner of JeongWoo's lips. "And your are mine." He delightfully declared as he planted a kiss on Junkyu's forehead.

Junkyu clenched his ring tighter in his fist. His head hung low, tucked in his chest at the fact the connection wasn't just an illusion. It was as real as it could be. JeongWoo is his true mate as much as he's his.

"No.. It can't be.. No.." He sobbed out as he shook his head to deny the fate that was written for him.

He lied. This JeongWoo guy lied to me. Haruto said he's my mate and I trust him. I love Haruto, I have no reason to believe the guy I just met today instead of Haruto.

His distress tears made their way back to his eyes, startling the alpha. "No. Haru.. He's my mate.. Haruto is my mate.." He muttered something that he would regret soon enough.

A vicious growl erupted from the back of the alpha's throat at the mention of someone else as Junkyu's mate. Anger and possessiveness run at uncontrollable speed through his veins. His muscles contracted and stiffened as hard as steel. His jaws hardened and bones cracked loudly as though someone was breaking them apart.

Junkyu's stomach clenched sickly as a terrifying pheromone flowed out of JeongWoo's pores. It made his entire being shivered and blood streamed up to his head incredibly fast Junkyu felt his brain would combust at how fast it get flooded. He let out a shallow gasp as he suddenly couldn't breathe from the tremendous fear that crept over him.

JeongWoo's pheromone was too strong for an omega like Junkyu, it felt almost torturous for him. It was as though every air that went into his nose going to rip him to shreds. There was no sign of outer pain on his skin, yet the effect of his pheromone felt physical.