Chapter 37

Junkyu silently followed his alpha, walking a step behind through an unfamiliar hallway of a hospital that looked smaller yet fancier than the one he used to work at. JeongWoo was holding a paper bag from a jewelry store in his right hand while his left hand deep inside his slacks pocket.

Oh how Junkyu wished the hand was on him instead of doing nothing in that pocket. But ever since the confrontation a few days ago, JeongWoo has been slightly keeping a distance from him. The alpha still cares though. He was still there when Junkyu needed him, doing small things like massaging his feet after Junkyu went for a long walk to keep him and his pups healthy, rubbing his back when he has difficulty with sleeping at night, or talking to their pups when they're acting up and throwing the food Junkyu ate.

Just that... JeongWoo had slowly stopped touching him like how he used to. And Junkyu missed his touch.

Drowning in his own thoughts, Junkyu almost bumped onto the alpha when he suddenly halted and a guy in a suit opened a door on their left. Junkyu watched as the guy straightened his posture and turned to face the opposite wall after he bowed at JeongWoo, seemingly returning to his guarding stance.

"Hello in-law." JeongWoo said as he went into the room.

"Goddess, finally. I thought I won't see your face until I'm out of this place." Junkyu heard Hyunsuk's voice and he stepped to the side to get a better look at the omega.

"Ah, Junkyu!" Hyunsuk chirped happily the moment he landed his eyes on Junkyu and rushed to him.

Junkyu waved a little hello as he wasn't that close yet with Jihoon's husband and was about to offer a handshake when the smaller omega leaped onto him and pulled him down for a bear-crushing hug, shoving JeongWoo away in the process. Junkyu couldn't believe the omega just gave birth naturally in less than a week and he's already good as day. He was even no longer in his hospital gown.

It was harder for male omega to have natural delivery as their canal and opening isn't as flexible and stretchy as their female peers. While it's normal for female omega or female in general to head home within 24 to 48 hours of delivery, male omega usually stayed still on the bed for at least 72 hours before their doctor allowed them to touch the floor, and many opted for cesarean because of that.

JeongWoo rolled his eyes after being pushed away by his brother-in-law. "Where's my niece?" He asked, leaving the two omegas.

"In here." Jihoon answered from the further back of the room, hidden from the entrance and JeongWoo followed the voice. "What? This is called bonding." He said when JeongWoo gave him a questioning look.

The older alpha was sitting topless on a lounge sofa, legs laying flat and arms protecting his naked daughter. The girl was curled up on his chest as though she was still in her mother's womb with her nose pointed up towards Jihoon's scent gland. Jihoon's first born was also there coloring next to him.

"You'll have to do the same thing once Junkyu gives birth. Three at a time." He grinned, imagining his younger brother in the same position but with three babies.

If he was in a different situation, JeongWoo would excitedly say he couldn't wait to do the same thing. But knowing there's a possibility Junkyu won't be there with him while he's bonding with their children, JeongWoo could only give Jihoon a lip-tight smile.

"Don't think like that. It's not over yet." Jihoon narrowed his eyes.

JeongWoo shrugged as he walked to the sofa. "You don't know what I'm thinking about."

"Don't challenge me. You know very well I can get inside your head if I want to."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Junkyu got something for her." The younger alpha showed the paper bag with an ankle bracelet inside a box for Jihoon's daughter, decided to ignore the topic and ruffled his nephew's hair. "Hey buddy, what are you doing?"