Chapter 39

"He doesn't want to hurt me."

"Yeah, let's pretend I didn't do all that bandage thing."

"He's not going to kill me for real."

"Tell that to his gun in your living room."

Doyoung's eye twitched. "He didn't pull the safety lock."

"Almost."

Doyoung whipped his head back and glared at Travis. "You're not helping."

Travis arched his brow, giving Doyoung a questioning look with his arms folded over his chest as he leaned his back against the wall of Doyoung's bedroom. "Excuse me? I am very much the helpful one in here." He pointed a finger at the unconscious JeongWoo, Doyoung, and himself, respectively, when Doyoung was still glaring at him in silence.

Doyoung shook his head in disbelief and looked back at the laying alpha on his bed. "Your helpfulness is no longer needed here. You may leave." He murmured. He then leaned forward from his seat and reached to gently rub JeongWoo's forehead over the bandage, wincing slightly when his own bandage strained against his arm. "Besides, he can wake up anytime, and you don't want to be here when it happens."

Travis pushed himself off the wall and stalked closer to the bed. His expression visibly hardened as he stared at JeongWoo's pale face, and his veins bulged across his folded arms. He made it obvious how badly he despises the man.

"Why? So he won't pass out again if he sees the man he killed suddenly alive and in the same room with him?" He sneered as he stood next to the vanity stool Doyoung was using. So close to JeongWoo's head, he wanted to strangle the alpha and send him to meet his twin brother.

"How many times do I have to tell you for you to believe JeongWoo didn't kill Haruto?!" Doyoung snapped.

"Right, you almost made me believe. If only I didn't see with my own eyes, he tried to blow your head."

Doyoung rubbed his face exasperatedly. "Have you heard the saying, desperate people do desperate things?"

"That is a nice way to say you remember a tacky quote you see on someone's bathroom wall." Travis drawled.

"Travis..."

The blonde alpha rolled his eyes. "Fine. Let's say he's desperate to save Junkyu and stupidly thinks he's going to save him by killing you. Then how do you know he didn't kill Haruto for whatever desperate reason he might have?"

"Because I know, Travis! I know!" Doyoung yelled, louder than what he had intended. He locked his eyes at JeongWoo, searching for any sign of the alpha waking up because of his voice.

One corner of Travis's lips curled into a smirk. He quietly went to Doyoung's back and hunched over the omega, his hands sliding down from Doyoung's shoulders to his chest and crossing to his sides until his arms folded around the omega as his head reclined to the same level as Doyoung's.

"Tell me then, pretty. Tell me all that you know about my brother's death." He whispered, his breath fanning the shell of Doyoung's ear. He then nipped the piercing earlobe, playing with Doyoung's stud earring with his tongue, making Doyoung shudder in his arms.

The act was borderline sexual, but it wasn't something foreign for the both of them. What was foreign, however, was the fact that Travis was doing it in front of JeongWoo, and Doyoung had to put his hands on Travis's arm to stop the man.

"I thought... you said you'd no longer have interest in Haruto's death." The voice that came from Doyoung's mouth was half whisper and half moan as Travis moved his tongue to his ear hole. The older man clearly had skill in the licking department. It was hard for Doyoung to resist, despite how wrong it was to have his future husband lying there.