Chapter 41

"What's wrong with me attending my own brother's birthday?"

"Your brother?" JeongWoo scoffed. "After what you've done to him, you are not welcomed here. You better go before I force you to."

"Wow, calm down." Travis stepped up at JeongWoo hostility towards Doyoung, knowing the high-level alpha's ability to hurt the omega as he had witnessed himself. "It's not up to you whether he should stay or leave. It's Junkyu's call."

JeongWoo raised a questioning brow at the blonde alpha while Junkyu fiddled with his cashmere sweater as his heart thumped in his chest. His fingertips began to sweat much like the glistening beads showed up in his forehead. He was undeniably shocked and nervous.

"Junkyu?" Travis called, finding only the tip of Junkyu's head behind JeongWoo's shoulder, and he smiled softly when the pregnant omega lifted his head just enough for their eyes to meet. "It's my gift for you." He said, moving slightly and placing his hands on Doyoung's shoulders as though he was offering an actual present.

If Doyoung's presence didn't surprise Junkyu enough, the fact that Travis looked well acquainted with his younger brother surely did. He thought it was a mere coincidence that Doyoung happened to be there on that side of the park.

JeongWoo's jaws hardened as he found the answer to one of the many questions he had in his head. Now he knew why Travis's scent smells familiar in his nose. Not only once, JeongWoo had smelt his scent multiple times in Doyoung's house, veiled as the scent of a house cleaner, and the latest, as Doyoung's neighbor.

The high-level alpha leaped across the gap between them, arm stretched out, and in an instant, his hand found Travis's collar, pulling the taller alpha down to match his height and drawing gasps from the Kim siblings with the younger one almost falling to the side due to the sudden force.

"You..." He whispered in anger. "You are the one who hit my head."

"And I'm not afraid to do it again, only this time right before your eyes." Travis said, much to his own surprise. Despite his rugged appearance, he wasn't the kind of alpha who likes violence, and besides, he knew he was no match against JeongWoo's pheromone if ever he tried to use violence on the high-level alpha.

Provoking the high-level alpha was a wrong decision, however, and Travis only realized that after he felt freezing cold across his body. Something dark and terrifying gnawed his skin. It was there although he couldn't see it. The same sickly cursed pheromone that made Doyoung scream in agony was on him, and his breath hitched in his chest.

Doyoung's eyes moved frantically in panic. Being so close to the two alphas, he was too, able to feel JeongWoo's power.

"You don't...want to do this... in front of Junkyu..." Travis's voice strained in his throat. Gone was his confidence from earlier, though he refused to show it as he stared straight into JeongWoo's darkened eyes, clenching his fists on his sides instead of trying to remove the grip on his collar.

The blonde internally made a bet with himself. If he was right about JeongWoo's feelings for Junkyu, he wouldn't hurt him right there and then.

"Woo..." JeongWoo heard Junkyu's soft voice, and as fast as his pheromone latched onto Travis, it left the blonde's lanky body.

JeongWoo then removed his hand from Travis and walked back to his omega, making Travis secretly sigh in relief as he watched JeongWoo's retreating back.

"Yes, Sugar? Do you need anything?" JeongWoo asked as soon as he reached the omega. Travis won the bet. He acted exactly like Haruto, willing to drop anything for Junkyu even if it's his own pride as an alpha in front of another alpha.