Chapter 34

JeongWoo could hear his sobs, and he could feel the hot tears streak down his cheeks. He could feel the rough, hot throat he bare but it seemed like a small sacrifice for what he's going to make Junkyu go through. Sitting on a chair next to Junkyu's hospital bed, he held the omega's hand like he was holding a prayer with his forehead leaned on it. He was praying for forgiveness, a forgiveness he wasn't sure he deserved.

Moonlight shone through the window, the conversation he had with his parents played in his head for the tenth time. He thought he was smart, but apparently he wasn't.

"You are a fool if you think I know nothing." His father said after he confronted him. The Kims had left the mansion, leaving only his family in the room and Seung Won who came in after he sent them off.

"You dig into Junkyu's background, you become excited when you find out he's Jin Yong's son and a dominant omega, you thought it's your ticket to get away from your marriage. Not knowing your every action tipped me off." He chuckled without humor in it as he walked to his favorite instrument in the corner; a grand piano. He usually hired a pianist to entertain his guests, but the Kims aren't important enough for him to do so.

He cleared his throat as he sat down on the duet bench, signaling his assistant to open the lid and the fall board. "It has been long since the last time you played, Sir." Seung Won said as he got the piano ready for his master.

Hong Jun hovered his fingers above the keys; B1, F#, and B2 before he started. "Why do you think I stayed silent?" His fingers pressed on the keys and they moved to A#, F#, and A#. D1, F#, and D2 came next. "Why do you think I gave you weeks to do anything you want?" His fingers continued pressing on different keys that were soon stringing a melody that sounded beautiful, bittersweet, and somewhat tragic.

"Why do you think I let you slack off for two weeks while you are on your island? Never knew you'd impregnate him that fast. Perhaps, Goddess is on our side?" His hands spread apart as his fingers reached for different keys.

"I'm sorry, Sugar... I'm sorry..." JeongWoo's voice sounded feeble, clutching on Junkyu's hand.

If only he didn't instructed his men to investigate Junkyu's background, if only he waited for Junkyu to open up about his family instead of dispatching his men, if only he let go after he found out Doyoung is Junkyu's brother, his parents wouldn't smell something was amiss with Junkyu and the Kims. Those blood and DNA tests, he should've known no matter how secretive they did all those, his parents would get their hands on them. Whether Junkyu is a Dominant or a Recessive, they would still marry JeongWoo with Doyoung. But the fact that Junkyu is a Dominant, they cleverly took it to their advantage.

Having him impregnated Junkyu was part of his parents' plan. All the delays, it wasn't because they were busy and had no time to come home, but because they were waiting for their chess piece to move, and JeongWoo was their chess piece.

JeongWoo brought Junkyu's hand to his cheek. He stared at Junkyu's unconscious face. "I shouldn't have gotten you pregnant... What should I do, Sugar?"

He pressed his cheek onto Junkyu's palm. The tears kept coming, and it pained him terribly to think of Junkyu. To think of what he did to him. He practically had turned Junkyu to a breeding stock. He was just there to carry and give birth to their pups and then he's going to be gone. It was as though history is going to repeat as JeongWoo going to do exactly what the Mayor did to Junkyu's male mother.

"Should we run away? I'll take you and our pups far from my family, okay?"

But where? With his parents' money and power, they could easily find them even when they're hiding inside a rabbit hole.