Chapter 24

Junkyu was nervous, chewing on his thumb as his foot bounced against the car floor. Having a vacation for them was a good idea, but having to travel by plane for their vacation was definitely not; something that Junkyu should've asked before he agreed and packed their bags.

"Don't worry, Sweetheart. You'll be safe." JeongWoo said as he took Junkyu's hand and laced their fingers over the armrest.

"Can we use boat instead?" Junkyu nervously asked and JeongWoo laughed at it.

"Baby, we're going to cross an ocean down the equator line. It's impossible to reach the island by boat. We can use boat from the main island to my private island, but still we need to fly first to the main island." The alpha replied, shaking his head in amusement.

"What about we change destination? I don't mind having vacation nearby." Junkyu pressed.

The alpha shifted on his seat so Junkyu could look at him properly in the eyes before he spoke, "Junkyu my sweet, you can't always avoid getting on a plane. And it's not good if you keep stressing yourself out every time I have to travel by plane for my business trip. I promise nothing bad is going to happen to us."

Junkyu looked down and pouted. He felt as though he just received his second scolding for the day. He knows sooner or later he needs to get over his trauma, but Haruto's incident is still there looming on the back of his head.

JeongWoo clipped Junkyu's chin with his thumb and forefinger and brought the omega to look up at him. "Jihoon owned this private jet company, and I'm sure he took extra measures for our safety. So, there's nothing you should worry about."

"I know, but..." Junkyu sighed. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say. That private jet is worse than regular commercial airlines because that was what Haruto exactly crashed in? But then it doesn't feel right to doubt JeongWoo's brother.

The alpha leaned forward and pecked Junkyu's pouting lips. "Is taking medicine going to help?"

"What medicine?"

JeongWoo pulled away and back to rest on his own seat. "Jaehyuk gave me medicine for you. He said it can help calm you down. Something like Xanax, maybe?" He shrugged.

"Probably, yeah. It will help." Junkyu replied after he gave it a thought. He didn't think he was in a state of anxiety, but if Jaehyuk said so then it is what it is. The doctor probably knew what's good for his body more than himself.

"Jin, pull over." JeongWoo ordered his chauffeur.

"Yes, Sir." The beta turned on the hazard lamp to notify his colleagues at the front of their car and on the back, and the three cars pulled over smoothly after.

Six black-suited men immediately stepped out, three from each car. Five of them strode on alert, creating some sort of barricade around JeongWoo's car, and Junkyu thought he was starring in an action movie or something.

"You wait here, hmm? It's inside my luggage in the trunk." JeongWoo said to Junkyu before he headed out with Vince holding the door for him.

"Is it always like this?" Junkyu asked Jin once Vince closed the door behind JeongWoo, motioning his finger at the burly men around them. He'd never seen this many people following them, just one car with Vince and another beta inside at most.

Jin chuckled. "It's for safety, Junkyu." He answered. Just like with Vince, Junkyu had told the chauffeur to call him with just his name instead of Sir or Master. Jin obeyed although he only did so when JeongWoo wasn't around, much like Vince.

"But isn't it too much? It's not as if someone is going to kidnap JeongWoo, no?"

"Oh, you have no idea how many have tried." Jin said casually, and Junkyu frowned at the new information. The beta noticed. He shifted on his seat to look at Junkyu through the gap in between the front seats. "Being born inside a high-level alpha family like Park is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Yes, people worship them for their strong pheromones, their wealth, and their status, but there are also a lot of people who hate them and are jealous of what they have. I heard from their head butler the first time Master JeongWoo got kidnapped was when he was five years old. They demanded a huge sum of money in exchange for his life."