Chapter 35

If thirteen years ago someone told Junkyu he doesn't know his brother well, Junkyu would spat back at them saying they have no clue how glued they're on the hip. Yet here he was, sitting awkwardly across from Doyoung, scanning the place he never thought his brother would own one day. Since when did Doyoung have a fashion designer as his dream job? Well, Doyoung for sure loved to experiment with his outfit since he was really young, but designer though? Junkyu couldn't hide his amazement as his eyes traveled across the floor filled with dazzling dresses and fancy suits.

"Why do you want to see me?" Doyoung asked as he placed his cup onto its saucer with poise, drawing Junkyu's eyes back at his brother.

Junkyu was taken aback by the coldness in Doyoung's tone. He was definitely not welcomed. Though he'd expected that much, Junkyu couldn't deny it was slightly hurt.

"How have you been?" He asked, sincerely missed his little brother.

"Would've been better if you're not here." Doyoung murmured, pulling his hands down to his lap when Junkyu was about to reach them.

Junkyu's hands balled awkwardly over the table as though he was trying to grab air, and he pulled them back to hold his cup instead. "Dobby, I am really sorry. I didn't know JeongWoo was in a relationship with you. I wouldn't even try if I knew."

Doyoung's brow twitched, he gripped on something underneath the table. "Now you know. So what are you going to do?"

Again, Junkyu was taken aback by Doyoung's coldness, and also bluntness. He brought the cup to his lips and sipped the warm tea to hide his uneasiness. Why should he feel uneasy meeting with his own brother? Junkyu wasn't sure himself.

"If you're here to ask me to back out from my marriage with JeongWoo, I won't."

Junkyu slowly, and carefully put his cup down though the clattering noise of porcelain against porcelain told him he wasn't careful enough. He couldn't believe his hands were actually shaking that bad. He made a quick glance at his brother and he figured out why he felt uneasy. It was the way Doyoung stared at him. It reminded him of the day his parents threw him out of the house. Just like that day, Doyoung's eyes were filled with hatred as he coldly stared at him while clutching onto their mother. But unlike today, back then Junkyu couldn't think of any reason why his sweet, cute little brother suddenly hated him.

"What went wrong between us?" He blurted out, prompting a squinted eye from Doyoung. Junkyu looked up at his brother. "We used to love each other. We used to be so close. We were always together even when we were having a fight. Remember when dad told us we look more like twins instead of siblings with three years gap because how inseparable we were?" He paused to see Doyoung's reaction, and if Doyoung's softened expression was something to go by, the younger omega most definitely remember.

How could he not? He used to adore Junkyu. He looked up to his brother more than he ever could to his parents. Every time he came back from school, he searched for Junkyu before he searched for his mother, eager to tell him what happened at school that day, and when Junkyu came home late from school, he would feel sad and wait for his brother on the porch. Every time something or someone hurt him, he sought comfort from Junkyu instead of his mother, knowing Junkyu will always have nice things to say to soothe him. And every time he needed advice or protection, he came to Junkyu instead of his father because his father was always busy while Junkyu was always there with his arms open for him. For little Doyoung, Junkyu was his everything.

"I don't understand, Bunny." Junkyu continued, using the pet name he gave to Doyoung. "I don't understand why that day when mom and dad wanted me to leave our house, you said nothing to stop them. I don't understand why instead of taking my side, it seems like you hate me and you want me to leave as much as them. For years, I wondered if I made a mistake. I wondered if I hurt you or... or if I failed you as a brother. And to be honest, even until today I can't find the answer."

To Fall In Love Again [JEONGKYU FF]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें