Chapter 23

Living together for weeks, JeongWoo could see that Junkyu was a man of many expressions. From the cute ones like pouting his lips or scrunching up his nose to the side eyes that he likes to show when he feels annoyed. But the quick change of expression from meekly apologetic to a full on basket case was definitely a new sight to see.

JeongWoo gathered himself and he pulled Junkyu into his chest, rocking him back and forth while murmuring soothing words. His hand rubbed Junkyu's back and he continuously pepper-kissed Junkyu's wet hot face as he encouraged him to calm down.

Junkyu finally stopped spewing words that he, himself, barely understood what he was talking about even though the words came from his own mouth. He was reduced to nothing but a hiccupping mess in JeongWoo's arms.

The distress pheromone that was oozing out of him was enough to keep JeongWoo on alert. It acted like needles pricking inside his chest, urging him to release his pheromone and calm his omega down. He did exactly that. He rubbed Junkyu's scent gland with his nose as he released his pheromone. His arms tightened around his mate, cradling him until there was no air to pass in between them.

Junkyu mewled from the waves of comfort he received. It was almost overwhelming, he reached his arms out of the confinement of their chest and they leaped up to curl around JeongWoo's broad and sturdy shoulders.

"I'm sorry.." He cried out as he pushed himself up for his arms to completely envelop his alpha.

He wasn't sure what he apologized for. It could be because of how silly he was for being a mess in front of JeongWoo or maybe because he could feel a hint of worriedness and sadness underneath that comforting pheromone and he hated the idea of him making his alpha worried and sad.

"Sshh.. You have nothing to be sorry about, my sweet." JeongWoo cooed as he continued rubbing his nose on the scent gland though with much difficulty with Junkyu's shoulder and arm in the way.

It took a while for Junkyu's diaphragm to stop trying to jump out of his abdomen, and by the time his tears dried off his face they were already sitting in a much comfortable position with JeongWoo's back relaxed against the headboard, and Junkyu on his lap leaned against his chest, face pressed on the arch of JeongWoo's neck.

Junkyu inhaled a deep breath of his alpha's scent before he pulled his head backwards slightly, just enough for his lips to move freely without tickling JeongWoo's sensitive skin in the process. "I don't know what to do." He breathed out.

JeongWoo hummed, rubbing his palm up and down Junkyu's arm in a soothing manner. "Tell me again." He said, calmly waiting for Junkyu to explain what brought all of his trouble on.

Even Junkyu had barely understood the words that came spewing out of his own mouth earlier, and so, the omega straightened his spine and he started from the beginning. He explained to JeongWoo about getting the job there at the hospital in the first place. How he felt happy and grateful for his nursing job despite the stress and the drama with Dr. Jang and his colleagues. How those patients were one of the few things that keeps him alive after losing Haruto. How his job was a reminder of his love for his brother Doyoung as even though they had a babysitter and a couple of housekeepers, it was always him who came first when it comes to nursing Doyoung whenever he fell sick. And how today seeing those kids inside ER reminded him more of him. Doyoung was around their age, a middle-schooler, when their parents kicked him out, and even though he felt disappointed with his brother, he couldn't lie he missed him so much.

Junkyu then told JeongWoo about the reporter and how seeing him pressuring the kids made him really angry, and how he had lost it when the reporter used his alpha tone at a boy whom he suspected just recently coming-of-age from the way the kid released his omega pheromone almost immediately as a defense mechanism. Clearly he was still trying to figure out how pheromones work...much like Doyoung when Junkyu left their house.