Chapter 12

Junkyu cautiously looked around the unfamiliar place wide eyed. His head popped inside while the rest of his body was outside the doorway. He looked like a lost kid, and it amused the alpha.

He chuckled as he opened the door wider. "Come on in." He urged Junkyu. The omega nodded and carefully stepped inside while staring at his feet. He was wondering if his shoes would ruin the pristine floor.

"Excuse me.." He whispered as though there would be someone else and he didn't want to disturb whoever that was inside the two-story penthouse.

"No one is here other than us. This is my home, and I live alone here." JeongWoo informed.

"Oh." Junkyu blushed, though he felt a bit more relaxed after knowing there's no dozen maids around like when he was at JeongWoo's house the other time. Huh?

"I thought it was your house last time?" He asked.

JeongWoo closed the door behind them and stripped his suit jacket off as he headed further inside. "That's the Park family house. We called it the main house. Whoever lead the family will stay in that house. It used to be my grandparents' and now my parents'. I believe my brother or my older sister is next in line." He explained. "Make yourself comfortable. Just put your stuff anywhere." He showed Junkyu an example by tossing his suit onto an ottoman in the living room.

Junkyu hummed, placed his jacket and bag on a sofa and followed the alpha into the open kitchen area, observing the place as he did so. The kitchen size could be considered big for a single alpha and it has too many cooking utensils for someone that isn't supposed to cook. Was he really live alone? What if he already has another omega with him? Junkyu shoved his thoughts aside and watched as JeongWoo took out a glass from a cabinet and filled it with cold water.

"Me and my siblings, including my nephew, we have our own private space there. But personally, I like this place better." JeongWoo said as he gave Junkyu the glass.

"I can see why." Junkyu blurted out as he looked around while sipping his drink.

Unlike the Victorian style mansion Park family has, JeongWoo's place looked way more sleek and modern. There were no unnecessarily huge pillars, no exuberant decorations with no historical meaning accuracy at all, no overly used cream, musty yellow, gold and brown combo color that makes you think you're going to grow mold the longer you stay in the house at how old the ambience was. And most importantly, there were no dozens of maids who seemed to never stop cleaning the place 24/7, and yet still managed to ask if you need anything every other minute as if you were always in need every time you exhale a breath.

JeongWoo's penthouse was dominated with white, black, and gray color, with minimalist furniture yet all functional. Junkyu liked how one of the walls in the living room was made entirely of glass. He could imagine the amount of natural light penetrating into the room at day time. It would be nice to just lounge there on the big sofa and bathe in sunlight.

JeongWoo smiled at the omega's honesty. "So, do you want to freshen up, while I get our dinner ready?"

Junkyu looked down at his scrubs. Ten hours plus hospital shift, rooftop, and graveyard. Yeah, he definitely had to do something before he touch any food. "If you don't mind." He replied shyly.

"Come, I might have something you can wear." JeongWoo jerked his head towards the other side of the penthouse before he made his way out of the kitchen.

The omega grabbed his bag and followed JeongWoo to the stairs. He couldn't help but to stare at the alpha's back as he led him upstairs. The man was an alpha for sure with strong looking, wider than wide shoulders flexing their muscles underneath the tight-fitting white dress shirt as they moved left and right in sync with the alpha's legs stepping up the stairs. And speaking of legs, Junkyu had to abruptly tore his gaze away upon realizing he stared at JeongWoo's firm, muscled ass covered into a mound of delicious perfection by his black slacks for too long.