Chapter 18

JeongWoo took shower and changed his clothes at his underlings quarter yet again, erasing Doyoung's scent this time. It was quite troublesome, but he had no choice. He used Vince's bedroom as a new maid already occupied Ji Hyo's room.

"Have you told her the rules?" He eyed the new maid, a beta in her early fifties.

"Yes, Sir." Vince answered followed by a respectful bow from the beta.

JeongWoo wasn't fond of the idea that the new maid is an old lady, but if it means he no longer has to deal with constant flirts, then he can take it. "You'll be seeing my mate more than you see me. One unhappy look or complaint coming from him, your time here is over. Got that?"

"Yes, Master JeongWoo." The maid said still with her eyes trained down.

"Good." JeongWoo muttered then walked past them, heading out of the room. He grabbed a giant bouquet of sunflowers from a table as they reached the living room. He couldn't wait to see Junkyu's smile as the omega took the bouquet from him. He really miss Junkyu even though he didn't see him for only one night.

"Sir., about your upcoming rut, should I start preparing?" Vince asked. He has heard being around fated mate can trigger alpha's rut symptoms faster than it normally should, though he wasn't really sure as he hadn't found his yet, and neither he wanted to. He was happy with just fucking around with some pretty betas or omegas and use his reliable suppressant for his rut. Children are definitely out of the equation.

JeongWoo stared deeply at the bouquet in his hands. After what happened last night with Doyoung, he doesn't think having strangers for his rut will work. "No need. I'll ask Jaehyuk to give me suppressant."

The alpha went up to his floor by himself after telling Vince he got two days off. The man deserved that much after he took a really good care of Junkyu and dealt with his sister. There aren't many things to do anyway regarding Junkyu's mysterious family until they get the test results. And JeongWoo badly needs alone time with his omega without anyone barging into his penthouse.

"Junkyu, sweetheart, I'm home." He shouted as he stepped into the foyer. He heard brisking and shuffling noises as he went further into the house, his suitcase dragged behind him and the bouquet secured in his hand on his side. He smiled at the sweet scent of his mate sipping through his nose, the only omega scent he wanted to smell forever.

Junkyu was in the middle of cleaning the kitchen counter when he heard JeongWoo's voice. He quickly tossed the dirty cloth into its cabinet and washed his hands. He barely made it to the other side of the kitchen island when the alpha appeared from behind the partition wall.

"H-hey.." He clutched his damp hands on his t-shirt on his sides, hoping the fabric would absorb the leftover moisture. He suddenly felt shy for no reason. Maybe because he looked like a single mother of five who barely had time to breathe let alone dressing up to the nines, while his alpha looked like he just came out straight from the cover of GQ magazine.

JeongWoo put the bouquet on top of his luggage and opened his arms wide. "Come here, sweetheart." He urged, expecting the omega to run into his arms, but Junkyu just stood there five feet away from him while chewing on his bottom lip.

The alpha chuckled at the adorable creature in front of him. Junkyu didn't even wear a cute outfit like the other omega he spent the night with. He was wearing his usual loose t-shirt and sweatpants, and yet he looked ten times cuter.

JeongWoo then made slow steps towards the omega. "I'll come to you then." He said before he circled his arms around Junkyu and enveloped him in a fervent embrace. His hand went up to tangle his fingers with Junkyu's hair. He pulled the omega's head to the crook of his neck as he pressed his nose on Junkyu's scent gland, inhaling the intoxicating scent deeply with eyes closed. "I miss you so much." He murmured, tightening his arms as though he won't even let air pass through in between them.