ix.

Karasuno had lost against Seijoh

Karasuno had lost against Seijoh. Words could not even describe what Karasuno was feeling now. They could have beaten Seijoh, but they didn't. Karasuno ended up going back on the second day. As they walked out of the gymnasium, Coach Ukai suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned to them. 

"Okay, let's go eat. My treat of course." Coach Ukai says. 

"What? Eat, sir? But..." Daichi says in confusion. 

"Just do as I say, and eat." He tells them and we follow him. We soon reached a restaurant where Coach Ukai ordered food for the whole team. 

"All that running and jumping put stress on the muscles and tears the muscle fiber. At the end of a game, your muscle fibers will be in tatters. You recover by eating. That's what gives you muscle. That will make you stronger." Coach Ukai tells them. "So, eat up. Eat a proper meal." 

As the boys started to eat, they all started crying.

🏐

The very next day, the 2nd years they met up at Tanaka's classroom during their lunch break. 

"The very first day, Hinata and Kageyama came to the volleyball club, Daichi said we'd go to the Spring Nationals," Tanaka tells us. 

"I forget, is the first qualifying round for the Spring Nationals in August?" Nishinoya asks. 

"He said we'd be going there one more time," I tell them. "There's no time to wallow in defeat."

After school, all of the 2nd years made their way to the gymnasium to train for the next tournament so that they would be stronger than ever. When they entered the gymnasium, they saw that Kageyama and Hinata were already inside. 

"Kiyoko-san!" Tanaka and Nishinoya shout loudly. 

"Kiyoko-san, you're looking beautiful again today!" Tanaka tells her. 

"I'm here to see you!" Nishinoya says.

"We will faithfully follow you for life!" They both say as they sprint toward her. Luckily for her, she managed to dodge in time and the two of them ended up on the floor outside of the gymnasium. 

"Don't hurt yourselves," I tell them. 

"Ennoshita senpai, aren't we supposed to have today off?" Hinata asks him. 

"Then explain what you guys are doing here," Ennoshita questions them. Soon after that Tsukishima and Yamaguchi also entered the gymnasium. 

"Now, all we need are the third years," Nishinoya says. 

"But we didn't even have club scheduled for today," Ennoshita says. 

"Hey, hey, hey! You know the third-years would never retire!" Tanaka tells him. 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Hinata asks. "No way...The third-years are staying in the club, right? They're still going to the Spring Nationals, right?" He asks Kiyoko.