viii.

The bus ride back home had felt like an eternity, and by the time Hikaru had finished showering and settled into her room, her phone pinged with a new message

The bus ride back home had felt like an eternity, and by the time Hikaru had finished showering and settled into her room, her phone pinged with a new message. She grabbed her phone, and her face lit up as she saw that it was from Kuroo. 

Unknown:

12.05 am 

 Hey there, it's Kuroo from Nekoma High. This is Hikaru, right?

Hihi! Yep, this is me 😊

So, how was the bus ride back home? 

It felt endless, I could've napped for a week

Kenma mentioned that you liked gaming. What type of games do you play?

Well, I play almost every game there is, but my favorite games have got to be either Genshin Impact or Apex Legends. What about you? Do you play any video games?

My favorite game to play is Apex Legends as well!

 Really! We should totally team up!

Absolutely! Let's plan a gaming session soon.

Well, I should get to bed soon. I have training tomorrow

Same here, talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight 

Goodnight, Kuroo-san  

As Hikaru turned off her phone, she couldn't contain her excitement. Her heart raced as she lay in bed, replaying the conversation in her mind. She couldn't help but smile to herself, feeling a warmth she hadn't experienced in a while. As her eyelids grew heavy, she fell asleep with a contented sigh, eagerly looking forward to the next time she'd get to chat with Kuroo.

🏐

"We just need to win 2 preliminary matches successively to make the cut for October's prefecture qualifiers. The first 8 teams to make it past the first round, along with 8 other teams, will all participate in October qualifiers." Takeda sensei tells everyone. 

"You mean, we'll only play 2 matches in the first round?" Hinata asks. 

"That's because we made it into the top 16 during the Inter-high preliminaries," Suga explains to him. "So we can skip the first round altogether."

"All right, time for warm-up!" Daichi tells the team.

"Finally, it's the tournament. I'm so nervous!" Yachi says as she starts shaking.

"It's your first tournament, right, Yachi?" I ask her. 

"Yes." She says.