xiv.

After Seijoh's match with Date Tech, everyone rested a bit before heading back to the court

After Seijoh's match with Date Tech, everyone rested a bit before heading back to the court. Both teams were currently warming up before the match started. 

"Something feels different about Karasuno," Oikawa mutters to himself. He then sees a volleyball rolling towards him and he bent down to pick it up. When he did, another hand had also grabbed the ball. Oikawa then looked up to see that it was none other than Kageyama. 

Tension crackled in the air as both setters refused to let go of the ball. Their gazes locked onto each other, each refusing to back down.

"Oh, my. Oh, my. Aren't you Tobio-chan who I badly defeated last time?" Oikawa says.

"This time, we'll win!" Kageyama says as he struggles to grab the ball from Oikawa who also was holding the ball.

"I beat you so badly last time. All that's left is that darn Ushiwaka!" Oikawa says and he suddenly lets go of the ball, causing Kageyama to fall to the ground. "I'll have you out of the way this time too, Tobio. You should know how good I am now." He then starts laughing.

"He let him get to him so soon!" Suga says worriedly as Hinata tries to not laugh.

"Nope, not on my watch. I'm going to kill Tooru." I say as I grab one of the volleyballs that was lying on the floor and was about to throw it at Oikawa, but Suga quickly grabs the ball away from Hikaru and tries to hold her back. But she was way stronger than he thought she was so she had to ask Tanaka for help. 

"Calm down, Hikaru!" Tanaka yells at her.

"Alright, I'm calm," I tell them.

The two of them managed to calm her down and they let go of her, but that was a big mistake as she grabbed another ball from the floor and threw it at Oikawa's head causing him to wince in pain. 

"Shit." Tanaka and Suga say and Hinata and Kageyama start snickering. 

"Calm down!" Iwaizumi tells Hikaru as he carries her up in the air before she can hurt Oikawa even more. Iwaizumi was the only one who managed to calm Hikaru down for some weird reason, but at least she wasn't going to kill him before the match. 

"Hey. Karasuno has a new girl on their team." Yahaba tells Kindachi. "A cute one."

"Yes. Why do I feel a sense of defeat?" Kindachi says angrily.

"Watch this," Yahaba tells him as he throws the volleyball in Yachi's direction. "Excuse me, Please help me pick it up." 

Yachi then picked up the ball for Yahaba, as she was bending down, Maki accidentally lost control of his ball and it went flying in Yachi's direction and was going to hit her. 

"Oh, no! Watch out!" Maki shouts. When Yachi looked up, the ball was about a few cm away and was about to hit her. The ball flew up in the air, Hikaru had hit the ball in time before it could hit Yachi.