xvi.

"Could you move our things on the bus when it comes?" Oikawa asks one of his teammates

"Could you move our things on the bus when it comes?" Oikawa asks one of his teammates. "I'm going to look for the others who are not here yet." 

"Yes." His teammate says before they both run in different directions. Oikawa stops in his tracks when he sees Ushijima standing in front of him. He gave him a look and walked past him. 

"A word of warning, Oikawa," Ushijima spoke and this caused OIkawa to stop walking. "Stop trudging on the wrong path. You chose wrong the last time. There was obviously a better place for you to display your abilities. But because of your worthless pride, you gave it up."

"Are you trying to say that I should have gone to Shiratorizawa instead of Seijoh?" Oikawa says. "No team is guaranteed to win."

"If nothing else, I can say that my team is the strongest one here," Usijima tells Oikawa confidentially.

Oikawa's face went blank at first, his mind momentarily unable to process Ushijima's confident assertion. He stood there, momentarily speechless, his usual charismatic composure momentarily shattered. Then, as if a switch had flipped, Oikawa's demeanor shifted. His face twisted into a childish pout, his eyes narrowing in playful annoyance.

"You are still laughably confident!" Oikawa says childishly before his face changes to a serious one. "Worthless pride? You are right. Listen up, Ushijima. I've never thought I made the wrong choice. My volleyball career has not ended because of my choice. You'd better remember my worthless pride. Oh, yes. And another thing. If you keep your eyes only on me, you're going to get stabbed from the direction you least expect."

"What do you mean?" Ushijima asks. 

"My junior, he is stupid and not even close to my level yet. But now that he's not by himself, he's strong." Oikawa tells him before turning away from him and walking away. "When a flock of crows gets together, they can even kill a big, white eagle."

"Oikawa, wait," Ushijima says. "Do you know if Hikaru is dating anyone?" 

"Why do you care? Planning to swoop in and steal her heart?" Oikawa asks him sarcastically. 

"No, I just wanted to know," Ushijima tells him bluntly.

"You are not her type anyways," Oikawa tells him. "Even if she was, I wouldn't tell you. I don't keep tabs on her personal life. Why don't you ask her yourself?" He then walks away. 

🏐

Hikaru watched from a distance as she observed the Seijoh boys devouring their meals at Cindochu Chinese ramen and gyoza. Oikawa, in particular, seemed to be in the midst of a serious stress-eating session, constantly asking for more food to be brought to their table.

She couldn't help but shake her head slightly, a small smile playing on her lips. "Damn, he's stress-eating," she mused to herself, realizing that Oikawa was likely trying to cope with the disappointment of their loss against Karasuno in his own way.