ix.

Today was the day of the gaming convention

Today was the day of the gaming convention. Hikaru met up with Kenma and Kuroo, and it was evident that Kuroo was feeling nervous around Hikaru as he really hoped that he could make a good impression. He took about an hour to pick out his outfit and he even styled his hair up nicely so that he could be more presentable in front of Hikaru.

"Oh, Hikaru over here!" Kenma says as he waves at Hikaru who has just arrived. 

"Hello! Oh Kuroo-san, I didn't know you were coming." Hikaru says. 

"Y-Yeah, I wanted to see what gaming conventions are like," Kuroo tells Hikaru, who then nods her head. 

"I think you'll definitely enjoy your time at the convention," Hikaru tells Kuroo. Soon Kenma and Hikaru start talking to each other and are already deep into their discussion about what will be at the convention.

Kuroo on the other hand found himself stuttering, unsure of how to join the conversation as he saw the two of them so deep into their conversation, that he kind of felt left out. Hikaru, ever observant, noticed Kuroo's unease and decided to include him in the conversation. 

"So Kuroo-san...are there any games that you've played other than Apex Legend?" I ask him. 

"N-No, not really. I'm not that into gaming." Kuroo says softly but Hikaru somehow catches what he said. 

"Oh, that's okay. Gaming is not really for everyone. But I'm sure you'll enjoy today's convention, I heard that there is a lot of stuff this time." I tell him. 

When the three of them arrived at the convention, the room was filled with many people and most of them were dressed as characters from their favorite games. They attended panels where professional gamers shared tips and tricks, and they watched in awe as competitive players faced off in intense matches. The atmosphere was electric, with gamers from all walks of life coming together to celebrate their passion.

"I can't believe I saw Antony!" I squeal with excitement. "He's so cool." 

"Right, I can't believe he attended today's convention today," Kenma tells Hikaru. 

As the three of them walked around the convention, they came across a mini-gaming tournament. The grand prize was a brand-new, high-end gaming device, which, in their eyes, was the ultimate reward. 

"Kenma, I think the two of you should join this competition," Kuroo tells him. 

"Huh? What's the competition about?" Kenma asks him. 

"I dunno, it's some gaming competition, it says here the winner gets the new Nintendo Switch and a PS5," Kuroo tells him. 

"Kenma, we should definitely participate together!" Hikaru tells Kenma. 

"I dunno," Kenma says.

"Please, please," Hikaru begs him. "It's just a duo competition." 

"Alright, I guess we can try," Kenma says and Kuroo signs Hikaru and Kenma up for the game.