006

A week after that incident, Legis had woken up from his unconscious state and he learnt that he was suffering from some mental trauma from the incident as well as some excessive blood loss from the injury he sustained that day

He was almost fully recovered now however his injury did leave a scar across his abdomen and he would be bed bound for the next week to avoid the wound from reopening.

Throughout his recovering process, Amelia and you watched over him and pampered him like a baby.

The romance between the 2 love birds was especially prominent. Sometimes it was so prominent that you just wanted to barf and leave the room immediately.

Sorry, PDA sometimes is just too much to handle even if it is between your beloved ship.

(PDA in my opinion is repulsive-)

The Duke on the other hand was also regretting his decisions as predicted in the last chapter.

Once Legis had fully recovered, he had started his swordsmanship training again. He suddenly had this new determination in him.

'I have to get stronger so that something like that won't happen ever again. I should never make Amelia cry.'

And this is when you realised that perhaps, Legis was feeling guilty this whole time for worrying Amelia and making her cry but most importantly, he was being hard on himself because he could not protect Amelia.

And so, through this experience, Legis had learnt that

'I learnt swordsmanship to protect the people I love.'

This growth in his mindset and swordsmanship skill had caused him to awaken his transcendent powers.

With Legis' growth in skill, the Duke, although filled with guilt, kept searching for ways for his son to flourish not only in his swordsmanship skills but also in his leadership skills as Legis is to be the next Duke Floyen.

Eventually, the Duke had decided to make Legis join the Imperial knights when he had come of age.

Realising that the trio won't be able to spend much time with each other anymore after Legis leaves, the 3 of you hung out more frequently and treasured your time with each other to make more memories together.

Sooner rather than later, the night of Legis' coming of age celebration arrived. It was the most emotional night, besides the incident at the night market, for the trio.

Legis that night wasn't crying but that night in his room, the 3 of you were gathered in a group hug on his bed.

There was no spoken reason as to why you and Amelia were crying but the 3 of you mutually understood.

Legis felt really bad for being the reason as to why you 2 were crying but he was helpless as he comforted the 2 of you by letting you 2 hug him.

The rest of the manor was only aware of what had happened that night the next morning when a servant saw the trio still asleep in Legis' bed with dried tears on Amelias' and your face.