021.1

【𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙀𝘾𝙏𝙀𝘿】ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘗𝘛. 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙎𝘾𝘼𝙉𝘿𝘼𝙇𝙎

██████████

In order to make up for his mistakes, the Duke had started joining Juvel for meals again.

Unfortunately for him, whenever he'd expect the meal to just be between the two of them, father and daughter duo, his beloved Juvel would bring along Bella, the very woman he's trying to avoid, to dine with them.

The conversations while they had breakfast were strained and the tension in the air was thick. Juvel would try to make conversation with Bella but she would keep her answers short due to feeling awkward in Legis's presence.

He could sense this discomfort and started feeling bad.

'It was my decision to want to distance myself from her. She shouldn't have to conceal herself just to cater to me. Juvel is starting to get uncomfortable too.'

"Uhh Belle?" His voice had wavered slightly while calling for her attention. How embarrassing.

"Legis?" She had found it surprising that he would try making conversation with her but she engaged with him anyway.

Hearing his name drip from her lips for the first time in a long time had caused his heart to oddly skip a beat. He swallowed to gather himself.

He forced his gaze to meet hers. Since when was it this hard to maintain eye contact with those beautiful eyes?

"I would like to apologise. To be honest with you, I've been purposefully distancing myself from you and neglecting our friendship's quality time... I thought that after these years apart that it would be natural for us to be distanced. But I realise how unfair that is to you and for that I'm sorry. Please don't let my presence affect your conversations."

He had his eyes clamped shut so he couldn't see the small smile that grew on her lips.

"Legis, It's alright. Yeah what you did was a pretty asshole move but I like being able to have meals with you again, see you around more often and spend more time with you." Her eyes smiled as well once he managed to open his to look at her again.

He wanted to question her and make her repeat herself but he didn't. Instead he exhaled, "Thank you."

She raised her eyebrow before teasing him. "Don't thank me yet. You still have to make it up to me. How you may ask? By allowing me to yap your ear off!"

Juvel clapped her hands excitedly even letting out a "Yay!". Meanwhile, the Duke had to hide his smile of amusement.

It was supposed to be a punishment however he found himself enjoying listening to the fluctuations of her tone and the melody of her words. It was for some unknown reason, very soothing.