013

The next night, Amelia's funeral was held

The next night, Amelia's funeral was held. There was a parallel between your best friends' funeral and your late Uncle and Aunt Floyens'.

Again, it seemed as though nature too was mourning the loss of another angel of a person, the beatific Amelia Norah Floyen.

Somehow, the pain of losing Amelia was much more intense compared to the loss you felt when you lost your 'foster parents'.

You couldn't help but feel immense guilt for her death and the overwhelming feeling of powerlessness.

You knew how and when Amelia would have died but it was the fact that all your efforts to prevent her painful death was futile against the fate of the original storyline.

You felt remorse for not only for being unable to save Amelia but also you felt remorse for having these conflicting feelings for your deceased best friend's husband.

You finally admitted to yourself that all those conflicting feelings you've been feeling for Legis were indeed feelings of attraction.

However, you believed that it was wrong and immoral for you to have a crush on Legis so, you pledged to yourself to bury these feelings deep into the ground and instead abide by the promises you made with Amelia before her passing.

Following your promise of taking care of Juvel, you knew that it was during this same funeral - Amelia's funeral - that little Juvel would get her memories erased by Devin who was ordered by Legis to do so.

And you knew that the trauma that Juvel has of hearing the murder of her own mother would be detremental to her mental health and development so, you were willing to have her memories erased however you didn't want Juvel to feel lied to when she regains her memories.

So, you decided to convince Legis to only erase Juvel's memories for only 10 years.

You believed that having her memories erased for a shorter period of time will be more helpful in the long run.

This will mean that Juvel would regain her memories at 14 years old which although is still an essential age of development, by that age, Juvel would be better able to understand how her mother's death came to happen.

After Amelia's funeral ended, the event arrived. After you had put Juvel to sleep, Legis and Devin had entered Juvel's bedroom.

Legis had nodded to signal Devin to start the memory erasing process; however you stopped Devin before his hand could touch Juvel's head.

"Wait. I know what you're trying to do. I think you should only erase her memories for 10 years. Any longer than that and that may cause Juvel to lose trust in you and misunderstand." You negotiated with Legis.

Legis' eyebrows had furrowed slightly in confusion when you revealed that you were aware of his intentions but brushed it off.

"It would have been better if she never knew what I did. Why would shortening the duration of her obliviousness be more beneficial to me?" You sighed in exasperation.