015

Soon, Legis had turned 33 years old and the young crown prince had grown into adolescents

Max was merely 16 years old when he was sent to the southern border ordered by his father, the Emperor, in an attempt to kill him off in the war.

This war came as no surprise to you or Legis as you had warned Legis the year before of a war to break out at the southern border.

At first, Legis had only taken this prediction of yours at face value despite all your previous true predictions in the past.

But once you were forced to return to the south to manage the southern territory on behalf of your older brother, who was going to be taking part in the war, Legis had finally taken your words more seriously.

"Listen Legis. I'll have to leave for the south but before that I need to warn you. During this upcoming war, as you know Max will be taking part in it and you will feel compelled to join as well. However I must warn you that if you do join the war, at some point something terrible will happen to Juvel and you'd be forced to return from the war early.

So my advice to you would be to if you decide to join the war regardless of my warning, please do return quickly. But the best option would be to stay home with Juvel and try to prevent anything from happening to Juvel." You hurriedly regurgitated everything you needed to say before quickly giving the Duke's hands a reassuring squeeze and boarding your carriage.

Legis couldn't wave goodbye to you while your carriage made its way out of the Floyen mansion as he was still processing what you had told him.

Once he recovered from his initial shock, his eyebrows furrowed and he clenched his fists in anger.

'Who would dare hurt my daughter?'. He then grabbed his majestic white horse and raced to the Imperial Palace.

He firmly announced to the Emperor that he would not be joining the war at the southern border however the Emperor had other plans.

The Emperor then out of spite, as a show of authority over the Duke, he demanded the Duke take part in the war as the Nation's Hero.

Him being furious was an understatement. Legis merely bowed his head to hide his twitching eyebrows.

Soon the day arrived when Legis and Max would be leaving for the southern war.

Legis caressed Juvel's shoulders and reassured her, "I won't be gone for too long. I'll return as soon as possible. I promise. Remember to stay in your room and stay safe. I love you.".

He then kissed her forehead before galloping away on his white horse.

'Darius. You bastard. If anything happens to my Juvel, I'll make sure I'll get my revenge.'.

4 days later, Legis, Max and the army of knights had arrived in the south. Their arrival was accommodated by and welcomed by the Marquis Lennox, your older brother, himself.