019

【𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙀𝘾𝙏𝙀𝘿】ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝙄'𝙈 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀
𝙄'𝙈 𝘼 𝙃𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙐𝘾𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉

██████████

You were going to turn 35 this year and you were to return south again.

You were going to warn your family about the incoming war with the neighbouring Kingdom, Lagon, in the south.

From the moment you got off of the carriage, your parents had been bombarding you with questions about your blind dates.

“So how were your blind dates?”

“Did you meet anyone you like?”

“Are you finally getting married?”

‘Urgh… I miss my peaceful moments with Juvel and Legis.’ I groaned to myself, already missing the father and daughter duo.

Meanwhile, back in the capital, Legis had been cooped up in his office, voluntarily drowning himself in his work.

Whether he’d like to admit it or not, your absence had left an empty feeling in his heart and he didn’t like that nor did he want to acknowledge it.

‘I should’ve at least hugged her goodbye.’ He sighed heavily.

Hence, the workaholic returns.

Juvel on the other hand, was excitedly writing away on a cutely decorated piece of paper. It was a letter meant for you.

At least this time, your letters wouldn’t be intercepted.

~

Juvel had snuck into her father's office that night with some snacks.

She heard from Butler Derrick that her father had fallen asleep after completing his work while still at his desk that night.

She was upset that he had been overworking himself and had even been missing meals with her.

But seeing her father exhausted and slumped over his desk asleep, caused her to feel more sympathy rather than anger.

Juvel had thought that she did a pretty good job sneaking into the office but as per usual her father's senses are much more advanced compared to a regular human’s.

He had groggily woken up with one eye open.

He mumbled.

"Belle?"

~

Legis had fallen asleep at his desk but he didn't mind. He allowed himself to let his guard down and rest.