012

By near the end of the year, the Emperor had recovered his reputation as he had The Duke Floyen's unconditional support

Moreover, with Alice's uncertain survival, the responsibility of taking care of Geraldine, Amelias' nephew, was passed on to the Duke and Duchess of Floyen.

Geraldine's father was not able to care for his son as he was killed during his attempt to prevent his wife's abduction.

You had helped out the couple in babysitting and educating both their daughter and nephew.

You were aware that with the signing of the contract that the Emperor was going to command the Duke to perform a massacre soon, however you were unsure when.

So, just in precaution, you had warned the couple of the massacre.

The Duke and Duchess had some noticeable reluctance to receive your warnings as your warnings had ultimately been useless to prevent the current situation.

It was undeniable that the couple had lost some trust in you through their experiences.

Unexpectedly, the massacre had arrived too soon.

Alice's funeral had just passed a few days ago when the Emperor had finally decided to test out the powers of the ring and demanded Legis to go on a massacre against whoever might disobey him.

Being under the influence of the ring's powers, the Duke had killed nearly half of the court officials and left the castle on a hunt.

On his way back from the palace to the Floyen Manor, he had killed multiple criminals and thieves.

He barged into the manor and had shoved the staff trying to calm him down. He was not being himself. He was clearly a puppet at that moment.

Noticing his strange behaviour, you had warned and made all staff and geraldine evacuate the manor or hide in a safe area.

You then ran to Amelia and Juvel hoping you would reach them before the Duke would.

You swung the room door open only to see Amelia telling Juvel to hide in the closet. It played before you like it would have in the original manga.

That familiar feeling of helplessness gnaws at the corners of your heart again.

"Juvel, listen to me carefully." Amelia said quietly.

"Yes." Juvel replied obediently.

"We are going to play hide and seek. All you need to do is hide in the closet... And come out when I call you, all right?" Amelia recited exactly like in the original manga, word for word.

"What about father? Will he be the one looking for us?" Juvel asked innocently.

"Juvel! That person is no longer your father! You must not let him know where you are hiding! That man is a monster!" Amelia had exploded.