020

【𝙎𝙀𝙇𝙀𝘾𝙏𝙀𝘿】ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠
𝙈𝘼𝙂𝙄𝘾, 𝙂𝙃𝙊𝙎𝙏𝙎 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙈𝙀𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙎

██████████

Max was seated on the couch leisurely in his usual office at Salon bloom.

At first he was sporting his signature sour expression  but while he read through the sweet congratulatory letter from his Aunt Bella, he couldn't help but smile quietly to himself.

'I miss Aunt Bella.. I hope I'll get to meet her soon and taste her signature chocolate chip cookies again.'

On the other hand, Viktor and Freesia who were present in the room with him were weirded out by his strange smile, thinking he was up to something heinous again.

~𓆩♡𓆪~

"Dad, why are you being so distant with Bella?"

His daughter had unexpectedly confronted him while he was working in his office.

He had tried acting nonchalant about the topic in hopes that Juvel would brush it off.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Juvel." He stated offhandedly.

"There's no need to lie, father." She crossed her arms.

"I don't want to ever have to lie to you, darling-"

"Then why are you only interacting with Bella only when necessary. You've been avoiding having meals with her."

"I'm not-"

"And when you do talk to her it's only a Good morning, Good afternoon or Goodnight!"

"I've just been busy-"

"No! All you ever do is use your work as an excuse. At least before Bella came back, you bothered to make time to have meals with me. But now that she's back, not only are you neglecting me but her too!" Juvel ranted exasperatedly.

"Alright I'm sorry. I can make more time for you. But, I don't understand why you're getting so worked up about me not being as close with Belle as we used to."

"What?" Juvel was offended.

By this point, Legis had stopped work and was giving his full attention to his daughter.

"I think it's pretty reasonable for me and Belle to have become distant considering we haven't been around each other for 2 years now." He reasoned.

"Even so! Shouldn't you at least try to strengthen your friendship because you've grown distant?! Oh my goodness! It's like you don't even care about her!"

"Of course, I care about her! We’re just childhood friends. It’s not as if she’s my lover and I need to pay special attention to her so that our friendship continues. She’s there and I’m here and as long as we both know that we will always be there for each other, I think that’s all that matters!” He was starting to get more agitated over the topic.