008

*Arabella (you) had not been able to have your coming of age banquet due to the war and the former Duke and Duchess' deaths and funeral

Moreover, since the victory banquet for the war was not allowed to be held, so wouldn't her(/your) birthday banquet.

Hence, you could use this as a possible reason for Lady Arabella Lennox not being mentioned in the original manga.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

In order to replace your missed coming of age ceremony last year, your family had decided to hold a fancier birthday banquet for your official debut into high society.

The Duke was kind enough to allow your birthday banquet to be held in the Floyen Manor. He, along with Amelia, had helped out your family with the planning and arrangement of your birthday banquet.

Amelia had banned you from even listening in to the planning as she wanted everything about your birthday banquet to be a surprise and her gift to you.

You were slightly bothered by their secrecy but had brushed it off in the end as you realised that it meant you had less things to worry about and your planning skills were not needed in this matter.

This year, your only main goal was to make sure the Duke proposes near the end of the year, so that the wedding would be held at the start of the next year, when he and Amelia turn 21 years old.

It was still early in the year so you were in no rush to pressure the Duke to propose.

Amelia, however, was in a hurried frenzy dragging you around the Streets of Agate to tailor 'the perfect gown' for you.

Witnesses would have guessed that it was Amelias' birthday that she was preparing for and not yours, due to her excessive enthusiasm and passion.

Fast forward to the day of your birthday banquet.

You were sat in front of your vanity in your bedroom being glamoured up by a group of your handmaids.

You were frustrated that morning because you could not fathom the reason behind waking up at dawn just to prepare for a banquet that was commencing in the evening.

All of high society above the age of 17 were invited and around 90% of nobility were attending the banquet.

But of course, the royal family had (not politely) declined the invitation (they did not respond at all. Meaning that they completely ignored the invitation.)

You wouldn't expect anything less from the Empress, as she was the one in charge of receiving such social gathering invitations on behalf of the royal family.

You were never enamoured by crowds, yet alone with the idea of them. Nevertheless, you had no choice but to be present throughout the banquet today as you were the main character for today.