011

Following the events that had occured in the original manga, Legis and Amelia had made the wise decision to declare Devins' death even before the Magic War had been declared

The declaration was false of course. Devin was still alive and well except he was now free to roam outside of the Floyen Manor.

With Devins' fake death, he wouldn't be at risk of getting kidnapped by the Emperor and being stripped of his magical abilities.

The Emperor had believed this false declaration though, the same couldn't be said about Amelia's claim of having lost her magical abilities.

It was then revealed that over the past 4 years after Amelia had filed her claim, the Emperor had been spying and investigating the matter.

The Emperor, aided by his subordinates, had determined that such a case would be rare if not impossible. Thus, the Emperor began to suspect and believe that Amelia's claims were false.

Subsequently, the Magic War was declared by the Emperor during a meeting with Duke Floyen, Duke Elios, Marquis Hessen, Marquis Crocus and 2 other ministers.

Unfortunately, while the Duke Floyen was still in the meeting with the Emperor, the Emperors' shadow knights had already started their kidnappings.

So, that one day, while Legis wasn't home and you and Amelia were home with little Juvel, the shadow knights had invaded the Manor.

You were in the middle of teaching Juvel how to read when you heard Amelia's scream from downstairs.

The young Butler Derrick, who had just turned 18 years old, had attempted to defend the Duchess from the invaders, however, not being skilled in swordsmanship, he had failed.

Before the floyen knights could even rescue the duchess, the invaders had run off with Amelia still in their possession.

You could only watch the traumatising scene with little Juvel in your arms and your hand over her eyes.

"What's wrong Bella? Where's Mom? Can you stop covering my eyes?" Juvel had asked you innocently.

You were worried and afraid. You wanted to run after Amelia but you also had the responsibility of protecting her child and shielding her from such trauma.

"... Juvel, you Mother had just received really exciting news and she has left the house for some time." You tried sounding as reassuring as possible.

"What?... Mom left without me? That's so mean!" Juvel had looked up at you with her angry yet teary eyes.

Wanting to avoid any situation with Juvel crying, you panicked thinking of any fake story that would cheer her up.

"No! Your Mother didn't mean to be mean, she just... had to do something very important! Yes! Something little children like you cannot come along and see. You see...your Mother's friend! Her friend is having a baby and the friend is about to give birth soon! So, she needs your moms' help. Just be a little patient, okay my good Juvel?" You rambled on in hopes the fake story would suffice in comforting the kid.