014

After a while of observing that the relationship between Legis and Juvel won't improve and instead just follow according to the original manga even with minor interventions by you, you decided to make yourself take on yet another role in this fami...

After a while of observing that the relationship between Legis and Juvel won't improve and instead just follow according to the original manga even with minor interventions by you, you decided to make yourself take on yet another role in this family; the therapist friend.

You decided that since you are already able to educate Juvel on how to manage her emotions etc, all you had to do now is to become Legis' therapist friend.

This way, you'll be able to educate both parties on their personal character development and influence and mend their relationship.

In order to become Legis' therapist friend, you have to get Legis to get vulnerable and comfortable enough to share his thoughts and feelings with you on his own.

Most people would expect you to be direct and ask him straight up, "Legis, what are you feeling and thinking right now?".

But that would not be effective in the long run because this firm and direct approach will not make Legis want to willingly approach you himself with his thoughts and feelings.

Hence, the strategy is to start by getting vulnerable and sharing your own troubles with the Duke so that he would feel more inclined and comfortable to share his own with you.

Consequently, one evening, you approached the Duke's office and knocked on the door gently. You heard Legis' emotionless voice call out, "Come in, Lady Arabella.".

And with his permission you first popped your head into his office and let out your awkward giggle when you made eye contact with him and entered the office.

The Duke couldn't help but notice your uncharacteristically shy and awkward demeanour.

"I see you finally learned how to knock.". He mentioned with his eyebrows twitching slightly nearly breaking his stone cold expression.

"I uh... hope I'm not disturbing you...". You spoke hesitantly.

This hesitance resulted in Legis breaking his emotionless expression by furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He found your shyness and hesitancy very out of character for you.

"Belle... What's wrong?". His tone suddenly changed to one of concern.

You did not answer his inquiry immediately and instead with shaky eyes, lifted your gaze from the floor to his eyes only to look back onto the floor once you realised your eyes were getting clouded with tears.

You closed your eyes in panic not expecting yourself to tear up. This subconscious reaction of yours causes you to realise your true deep remorse and sadness towards your best friend's death.

Noticing your vulnerable state, Legis had gathered his paperwork and placed them neatly to the side of his desk. He then asks you again,

"Belle, tell me what's wrong?". His voice is strangely gentle.