Chapter 4

Reniyah Andrea Moore

(Ruh-niy-yuh) - Linah - Niyah

Chapter 4: A New Friend?

I felt myself being carried out the car by Jahserih, my head laying against his chest. All I wanted to do was cry. 24 hours. All it took was 24 hours for my life to turn upside down.

I watched Jahserih silently as he softly placed me on the couch. I winced at the pain of sitting down and my eyes began watering again. I dug my nails into the palms of my hand, not daring to lift my head.

Images of what happened kept reoccurring in my mind, trapping me in a defenseless state. I wish I never went to that party, and I wish I never went home after school.

Jahserih bent down and kissed my forehead. "It's not yo fault lil mama, and youn gotta worry bout him no mo" he spoke calmly. "Imma protect you, so youn gotta worry about nun of dat".

"How can I trust that you won't do the same if I don't even know you?" I whispered. "How do I know you won't hurt me too?"

I watched him try to come up with an answer to my question before he resulted to silence. "You'll see."
"I got some clothes fa you and ran some bath water, I know youn feel well right na but it's best that you take time fa yourself," he said, handing me a XL male white tee and some nike shorts.

I accepted the clothes and used his arms to help me walk towards his bathroom. It was a nice house with at least 2 bedrooms, blue LED lights everywhere with a couple of smart tv's and a playstation.

I shut the door behind me, this time locking it. I ran the sink water and brushed my teeth, as well as doing my skincare routine. Slowly, I made my way into the bathtub and attempted to clean myself as good as I could with minimal pain. My body ached everywhere, and it seemed as if my mind was still stuck in that situation.

I can't do this anymore.

"Why do bad things always happen to me?" I thought, wrapping a towel around my body.

After putting on the clothes he gave me, I stumbled into the closest bedroom and laid under the covers. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand, seeing it was nearby. I didn't see or hear Jahserih, so I scrolled on TikTok until I fell asleep.

However, there was one thing I couldn't get off my mind. He killed for me...

♡♡♡

I stood in the bathroom of the rusty old white house, confused. Why am I here? I pondered around the room before stopping immediately, feeling a presence behind me. There he was. He walked closer as I walked back and a sense of deja vu occurred. Before anything could happen, I screamed help with all my might...

"Shit, wake up Linah," Jahserih shook me. "Wake up."

"Was it all a dream?" I sobbed. "Or did it really happen?"

Silence fell upon him.

My cries echoed around the room and I frantically rubbed the sides of my arms, trying to calm myself.

"C'mere," he held me firmly, laying my head on his chest. "It's gon be ight, I won't leave you alone ever again."

"Again?" I questioned softly. He nodded his head, but I had no idea by what he meant by 'again'. How long has he known me and why can't I seem to remember who he is?

I sighed and tightened my arms around Jahserih, holding him close. He makes me feel safe. He tapped my shoulders and I lifted my head, looking into his eyes. Although his black and blonde locs mostly covered his face, I could see how pretty his dark brown eyes were.

"You want me to stay in here witchu?" he asked. "Or would you feel better if I went to a different room?"

"Stay wimme," I pouted, holding him closer.

I don't want you to go...

"Ight then, go ta sleep lil mama," he said.

I went back to laying my head on his stomach before eventually blacking out.

♡♡♡

A short chapter ikkkkkkk butttt, next chapter is Jahserih point of view 😁
If you like the book then vote please😭
Trying to update consistently and thoughts on Jahserih?
How does Jahserih know Reniyah🤭👀?
Chapter 5 coming soon<3