Chapter 9

Reniyah Andrea Moore

(Ruh-niy-yuh) - Niyah - Linah

Chapter 9: Fun

"Put this on," Jah threw me a bag from FashionNova.

"I have clothes," I retorted.

"Look Linah, I'm not finna argue withchu. Put the clothes on and come on, we got places to be," he sighed.

"Okay, whatever," I shut my room door.

I was still upset at him.

After our talk last night, it just felt like things got more complicated than they were.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy that Seraph was back in my life, but it's been 4 years since I've seen him.

All I remember is visiting my grandmother's house and seeing his and Jariah's room empty. Nothing left.

That day, I cried and cried and cried. The night before, he promised me that he wouldn't leave, that he'd stay and that we would try to figure things out ourselves. At the time, he was going through financial complications from illegal loans. They were threatening to kill him, his sister, me and my family.

He didn't even say goodbye, he left without saying a word. It had hurt me so much because we were best friends, closer than that, he was my first real crush. On top of that, no one knew where he was.

I sighed and took a quick shower, then put on the clothes he bought me. In the bag was a cute orange dress that insinuated my curves and gold jewelry to match the nose rings I had.

I walked out of the room with my purse in one hand and my phone in the other, mugging Jah.

I looked him up and down, noticing we were matching.

He was wearing a bright orange tee shirt with a gold chain and black ripped jeans paired with orange Balenciaga's.

"Fix yo face before I fix it for you, mama," Jah said, causing me to smack my lips.

"I don't gotta do shit," I replied.

"Keep playing and imma fuck you up."

I ignored his remark, walking to the front door.

Jah grabbed me by my throat and forced me to look into his piercing, dark brown eyes.

"You hear me?"

"Mhm."

"Speak with yo mouth."

"Yes."

He let go and I rolled my eyes, making my way to his hellcat. He opened the door for me, and I got in, leaning my head on the window.

Jah began driving and put on some music, but I still wasn't fucking with him.

"Where we going?" I mumbled, looking at the time. It was 4:59pm and I had spent most of the day in his guest bedroom, upset at him and drowning my sorrows through music.

"A cookout with my homeboy, Ron," he replied.

"Ion wanna go," I frowned. "I don't need more trauma."

"You gon be with me the whole time, and you know damn well ian letting another nigga put his hands on you."

"But-"

"We already here."

♡♡♡

We stepped out the car, seeing kids run around the yard and people cook on the grill.