Chapter 24

Jahserih Seraph Wilkins

(Jah-sir-ray) - Jah - Saint

Chapter 24: DND

"I been think about getting out the trap." I confessed to Niyah, rubbing my hands across my face. "I wanna find something stable to do, then work my way towards owning my own music store."

"I think that's beautiful," Niyah smiled as she rubbed my ears.

I was laying on her stomach as I played Borderlands 3. After Ron took me home, I rested until it was time to get her from school.

"Baby, I'm worried about you." Niyah pursed her lips together. "Is everything alright?"

"To be real, I still don't understand why you left me." I mumbled.

I watched as her soft expression turned solemn.

"I didn't want to," she spoke on the verge of tears.

"What you mean mama?" I asked. She got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

"Mama!" I yelled after her. "What's goin on witchu?"

"Here," she hesitated, handing me a shoebox. "I'm sorry I took it." She swallowed her words back.

"Baby, calm down. First, why the fuck do you have this to begin with? You told you ain't know where it was." I calmly asked. In my mind, I was trying to figure out why she would lie to me over something like this. If she wanted a gun, I could've easily gotten her one.

"I didn't want to tell you because she's your friends' girlfriend, and was suppose to be my best friend." Niyah frowned.

"Mama, I'm not understanding. What and who the fuck are you talking about?" I sighed.

"Jade's going to pin Stunna's attempted murder on me. I asked her why but she couldn't give me an answer. She even went as far as dissing her own boyfriend and told me to stay away from you." Niyah sniffled. "She knew what he was doing to me, and didn't help. She let him hurt me..."

I could feel my anger rise and I progressively got heated, bouncing my leg.

"And it's Jade?" I asked again. I had to make sure.

"Yes." She nodded her head. "How do you know her?"

"We went together way back when I was in Charlotte. It was never anything serious. She was my best friend, but she had a crush on me. She went around spreading rumors about me and I stopped fucking with her ever since. She ain't actually like me, she just liked the idea of having me."

"Oh." Niyah stated.

"But what about ole dude?" I smacked my lips.

"What about him?" Niyah rolled her eyes. "I only got with him so that you wouldn't get caught up if I were ever arrested. I know you have yo grandma and sister to take care, and that's not something possible to do from a prison cell."

"I still don't understand why you ain't tell me mama. We suppose to be in this together. You feel like you can't trust me or sum?"

"No baby, it's not anything like that. I was scared that if I told you, you'd leave the city again and I ain't want that. I can't really explain, but I knew that someday I'd make it back to you, as long as you were still here." She admitted.

Hearing those words made my frown turn into a big ass goofy smile. I slowly wiped her tears as I held her face in my hands.

"Ain't nothing bad goin ta happen to us baby." I promised. "Imma handle this shit once and for all."

I tossed the gun back to her. "Keep it on you baby. If anything happens, shoot back. Imma lock the door."

"Where are you going baby?" Niyah frowned. "I don't want you to go already, I just got you back."

"I'll be back, Reniyah, I put it on everything." I said as I walked out the door. I made sure to lock the door and set my security camera to away incase anybody came here. It was time for me to end this shit for all.

---

"Where the fuck you at!" I yelled into the phone. "You was suppose to be here 5 minutes ago nigga."

"Man, fuck outta here! Yo ass suppose ta be in bed. Why the fuck you rushing me ta the trap when we just came from there hours ago?"

"Cause Jade threatened to set my girl up. I'm already mad as fuck as it is."

"So you saying Dee the rat?" Ron smacked his lips.

"That's what we finna figure out."

---

A/N: Another short chapter, but I figured I get it out the way. The finale is 6 chapters away guys ❤️ thank you for your support until now!