Chapter 17

Reniyah Andrea Moore

(Ruh-niy-yuh) - Niyah - Linah

Chapter 17: Wild
At the Airport: March 18, 20XX

I stood inside the airport, waiting for Kayla and Ron to pop up. They were running about 6 minutes late from the time we agreed to meet up, but I wasn't sweating it. They probably had some shit to handle before getting here.

Jahserih was busy bringing in our luggage as I huffed, sitting on the bench in the airport. I was bored as fuck with nothing to do and I didn't really feel like scrolling on social media.

Don't get me wrong, a bitch love her some TikTok videos and Instagram Reels, but it just felt like I was always wasting my time on there. I wanted to start thinking about my future and stuff like that.

Kayla has her own hair business, Jade has her internship, and I don't really have anything.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, I just know that I don't want to stay around and leech off of Jahserih. I need to be able to handle my own shit and pay for my own stuff. Simple as that.

Finally, Kayla walked into my aisle of the airport with a big ass smile on her face.

"Girllll, why you smiling so damn hard?" I asked amused, running up to her to give her a tiny hug as she held her starbucks venti in her hand.

"My nigga just slapped a stack on me," she stuck her tongue out. "As he should," she smiled satisfied.

I giggled at her reaction before doing a lil dance with her.

"Bitch you ready for the bahamassss?" Kayla grinned.

"Hoe you already knowww, I'm finna get fucked up," I smiled. I stole a sip of her venti before feeling a hard smack on my ass. I instantly smacked my lips before looking back at Jah, seeing a mug on his face.

"Doing what na?" he questioned, grabbing my throat.

"Nothing," I mumbled softly. "Asshole."

"Speak up, I ain't hear you," he demanded. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, close enough for me to feel his print.

I blushed and remained silent for a slight moment.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," he smirked. I rolled my eyes at his remark before turning back to talk to Kayla.

"Girl anyways," I paused. "Before I was rudely interrupted, what we doing when we get down there? Any plans?"

"I don't know about youuuu, but me and my man got plans for when we touch down," she eyed Ron, applying lip gloss.

"You already know mama," Ron smirked, pecking Kayla on the lips.

"Ugh, get a room," I complained annoyed.

"We already did!" they chuckled. Jah laughed in response before looking down at me and gently grabbing my arm.

"Come wit me for a sec mama," he said, leading me to airports' bathrooms. He sat me on top of the counter and slid a serious look on his face.

"Mama, you know I gotchu no matter what, right?" he asked me, waiting for me to confirm. I nodded my head shyly before making eye contact with him.