Chapter 7

Jahserih Seraph Wilkins

(Jah-sir-ray) - Jah - Saint

Chapter 7: Confessions

I whipped around the curve, being a block away from the house.

Linah was quiet, resting her head on the window. After she asked her question, she said nothing more. A part of me wished she would talk to me more, but I wasn't finna force her to have a conversation with me if she didn't want to. Shit was still weird between us, even though we was acting hella comfortable.

"You want sum to eat?" I asked, hooking my phone up to the car's radio and putting on a shuffled playlist.

"Yeah, please" she softly spoke.

"Whatchu wanna eat mama? We can get anything."

"Can we get Zaxby's then? I've been craving it for so long," Linah whined, looking at me from the passenger's seat.

"I said you can have whatever you like," I sung, letting out a chuckle.

I glanced over at Linah, seeing her laugh.

Damn, she's so beautiful.

A part of me still can't believe that this is the girl I used to have a crush on as a kid.

She was a fine dark skin with doe eyes and long lashes. But shit, more than anything, her smile trapped me. She had slight dimples and every time she'd smile, she'd only smile with the top row of her teeth. Shit was so pretty, I swear.

"Eyes on the road, lil boy" she rolled her eyes, noticing my stolen glances.

"Okay okay, my bad," I chuckled. "Shiii, it's hard keeping my eyes on the road when you in my peripheral."

"I'm already knowing," she smiled matter-of-factly.

"Where all this sass came from?" I joked. "Bout a while ago you was mad as hell."

"No I wasn'ttt," she gasped. "I just got some bad news at the doctor, that's all," she rubbed her shoulders.

"What happen?"

"I don't wanna talk about it right now, I'll tell you when we get to the house."

"Ight," I replied.

I switched lanes, driving towards Zaxby's.

My car radio spoke, "Now playing 'Heartbreak Anniversary' by Giveon."

"This is my songggggg" Linah squealed, turning up the radio.

Balloons are deflated,
guess they look lifeless like me.
We miss you on your side of the bed, mmm.
Still got your things here,
and they stare me like souvenirs.
Don't wanna let you out my head.

"Just like the day that I met you, the day I thought forever," she hummed.

"Said that you love me, but that'll last for never," I reminisced. "It's cold outside, like when you walked out my life. Why you walked out of my life?"

"I get like this everytime, on these days that feel like you and me. Heartbreak anniversary," she sung lowly.

'Cause I remember every time,
On these days that feel like you and me.
Heart break anniversary.

"Do you ever think of me?" I finished.

"You can sing?" she asked, seeing her eyes fill with curiosity. I guess she really doesn't remember me at all.

"I use to before shit went down," I explained. "I had to give up singing to take care of my lil sis."

"Where is she now?" she hesitated. "Do you still take care of her?"

"She live with my grandma now and nah, I just provide for ha."

"Oh," she murmured.

By the time we finished our short convo, I reached Zaxby's and pulled into the drive-thru section. Shortly after, a random worker came up to the car.

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" the worker said, batting her eyelashes at me.

"Uhh, shii lemme get a number 4?" I spoke before turning to look at Linah. "Whatchu want lil girl?"

"Ian no lil girl, but get me a number 2, all fries," she rolled her eyes. "And I want a oreo milkshake."

"You heard my girl," I shrugged.

The worker smacked her lips before giving me a stank face.

"Okay," the worker sneered. "Your total is $21.49, pull up to the window."

I rolled up my window and pulled up further in line, waiting for the cars to move. Ian go lie, i hate when bitches try to fuck wimme, ian on that type of timing. I got other shit ta deal with than thinking about sum pussy. But with Linah, it's different. Even though she don't remember me, I got her back.

And this time, I'm not letting her go.

"Yo girl?" Linah murmured.

"Shit, might as well be with yo fine ass," I smirked.

"Never that lil boy, ion do relationships," she confessed. "Another story for another time."

"We'll see, but imma be the one to change that."

"Oh, really?" she asked amused.

"Yeah, lil mama, I will."

♡♡♡

A short chapter, ik, but I wanted to update for you guys. I'll probably release another chapter tomorrow<3

What do you guess think of the story and what can I do to make it better?

Please vote and comment and thank you guys for supporting my dream! I have over 200 views in my book now☺️!

Face claims will be up soon!!!