Chapter 5

Jahserih Seraph Wilkins

(Jah-sir-ray) - Jah - Saint

Chapter 5: Flashback

7 years ago...
I sat against the brick walls, listening to my parents fight. "I hate you" my mom screamed. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you" she hollered. Glass shattered and loud thumps echoed through our small apartment complex.

I held my 4-year old sister, Jariah, clutching a broken samsung phone with emergency on dial.

"Jah", Jariah cried, wiping her nose on my shirt. "What's going to happen to mommy and daddy?"

"Nothing," I shook my head, supressing my tears. Ma and Pops always fought, but it was never as bad as this. Another loud thump. "No matter what, I'll protect you" I hugged Jariah.

"BANG!"

Shots went off in the living room and we heard our mom screech before a large noise overwhelmed our ears. Jariah instantly started crying "mommy" and out of instinct I covered her mouth. I quietly listened to my fathers footsteps in the living room. I panicked and cried, answering the police.

I peeked in the living room, seeing my father put the gun up to his head.

"NOO!!" I screamed as a bullet passed through his dome. A puddle of blood surrounded his body, my pops laying lifeless.

"We have to go now," I cried.

I took Jariah's hand and ran out the house, holding her in my arms. The phone had dropped out of my back pocket, but I didn't run back for it. I ran as fast as I could with Jariah in my arms. They're really gone. Why? Why? Why would he leave us with no one, why did he end our family. Why did he take mom?

We stood on the side of the road, crying. We have no one but each other now...

For hours, we stood there, hungry and confused, upset over our parents death until a car pulled up. Out came a old, tall black lady with a purse and clanky heels.

"Are you okay?" she asked with concern. "Where y'all parents at sugar?"

"We have no one else and no where to go," I stated. "Our ma and dad gone."

"I'll help you look for them" she smiled.

"NO!" I screamed. "They're dead, they're gone!"

The old woman's face went white. She sighed, holding out both of her hands to me and Jariah. "I'll take you in for a while" she said, giving a solemn smile.

She carried us both to the car and buckled us in the backseat.

Across the seat, there she was smiling at me.

"I'm Linah" she cheesed.
Flashback ends.

♡♡♡

"Shit" I thought, rubbing my head. I sighed and glanced at the clock that was clinging to the hospital walls. Being in this damn place was fucking up my mental, reminding me of old shit.

I brought Linah here to get checked up after what happened to her last night. I should've known she wasn't gone listen to me when I told her not to go to dat kickback, shit I'm lucky I got there in time.

I sat patiently waiting for what felt like a damn hour.

Man what the fuck is taking them so long?

I checked in my pockets seeing I got text from this nigga Ron telling me to swing by the trap. I clicked his text message thread and started typing.

Ron🦍💚

-2:37pm: ay nigga u need to bring yo goofy ass to da trap, somebody stole our shit
-2:38pm: It's goddamn pounds of weed missing that was suppose to be sold dis week

-2:31pm: fuck you mean somebody stole our shit, find out dem niggas who did it🤦🏾‍♂️
-2:32pm: I got shit to deal with

-2:35pm: These bitch ass niggas won't fess up so i told them you was swinging by da trap😂

-2:40pm: I'll be there later, don't let nobody leave cs i got sum fa them pussy ass niggas since they wanna steal shit🤷🏾‍♂️😂

-2:41pm: Shit, ight🤣 Imma fuck witcha tho
Seen 2:43pm

I closed the thread and sat there, listening to music through my airpods.

"You broke that bond now when it comes to you, my feelings weak."
"You let your selfish ways come in between our chemistry."
"Why you play with my heart and not show love consistently?"

"I put my life on the line, you wouldn't take that risk for me. Fucked up my trust, wish I could delete all our memories. Keep poppin' these pills, I hope it take away my misery," I rapped. This nigga Polo G always spoke facts in his song.

I got tired of waiting for Linah and took my ass outside, lighting up a blunt. I smoked that shit till nothing was left and texted Linah to meet me outside the hospital doors.

Five minutes later, there she was, silent. She started fidgeting with her hands, something she did when she was nervous. I pulled her close and lifted her chin so she could look at me.

"What's goin on mama?" I asked concern.

No response.

Instead, she slipped her tiny hands around my waist and began sniffling against my shirt. I hugged her back and kissed her forehead twice before picking her up and sitting her in the front seat of my car.

I might have to kill that fuck nigga again.

I cranked up the car and drove to the nearest chic-fil-a, ordering me and Linah something to eat.

"I gotta make runs today, so I'm dropping you back off at my house," I spoke, waiting in line for our food.

"Why?" she asked, her voicing cracking. She looked at me from the passenger seat, her eyes red and puffy. Her eyelashes glistened with water and she was still in the clothes I gave her yesterday, but she looked so beautiful.

"You safer with me ma."

"How am I safer with you? You deadass killed somebody in front of me..."

"That was fa you and his pussy ass should've been dead."

She turned her head back to the window, her sleek black hair following it.

"Okay," she mumbled. "I might go somewhere with my home girl later."

"Ight," I stated. "Bring yo clothes and shit over here cause you staying wimme and I want that location on."

"But- It ain't up for discussion," I interrupted her, pulling up to the chic-fil-a worker. I rolled down my window and grabbed the food.

Soon after, I pulled off and dropped Linah at my crib with her food and texted Ron that I was on my way.

♡♡♡

Any opinions on the book or how I can improve?

Jahserih remember Reniyah but she doesn't remember him🫢?????

Thoughts on Ron👀

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote<3