Chapter 14

Jahserih Seraph Wilkins

(Jah-sir-ray ) - Jah - Saint

Chapter 14: Family
2 weeks later: March 17, 20XX

I walked around Walmart, looking for some gifts for Jariah.

Today was her birthday and my grandma was throwing a block party for her.

She was turning 14 and I thought about everything she been through. I fucking hated that she went through all our trauma at a young age, but there wasn't shit I could do about it but make the future better.

About a week ago I got my shit together and stopped doing allat lean and shit. Busted my ass at the trap with Ron, making hella sells just to make sure she smile today.

I walked around the aisle and stopped when I saw a sewing machine.

Even though Jariah was kinda young, she was hella into fashion and art. Every now and then I'd buy her shit do she could design her own clothes and my grandma would use a old ass sewing machine to fix certain shit, so I decided it was time for another one.

I grabbed the sewing machine and a bunch of fabric and put it into the cart. I also picked up some essentials for her and some art tools for her since all she did was make clothes and draw.

I checked out and drove to the jewelers to pick up Jariah's necklace. It was a gold chain laced with custom-made charms that looked like fruits and had her names written on a small gold plate.

"Ay, I'm here for pick up," I handed the receipt to the cashier.

"Ok, I'll bring your items now," she nodded. "You only getting a chain?"

"Yeah."

I picked up the silver box that contained Jariah's necklace and walked out since I had already paid it off last week.

Now the only thing I had to do was go home, shower, put her gifts in a bag and pop up at my grandma house.

♡♡♡

"Smcht, Mariah I got places to be, let me the fuck go," I pushed her off of me.

She was getting on my last damn nerves.

"Pleaseeee," she whined, walking up to me. "Why not just stay here with me?"

"You know I gotta drop off this shit to Jariah," I mugged, pulling my pants up.

"But you can do that another time."

I scrunched up my face and looked at her. I hope she not deadass.

"Drop my sister's gift off on a day that's not her birthday even though I'm capable of doing it on her birthday?" I questioned. "That shit don't make no sense bruh."

"I'm just saying," she pouted, trying to come closer but I moved her out the way.

"Ight, whatever bruh," I ignored her. She a cool female but I wasn't going to let the only family I had left, alone, especially not for no pussy.

I watched as she folded her arms and stormed off to the living room. Always had a damn attitude for no reason.

I finished getting ready and bagged my little sister's stuff in two big ass barbie gift bags. I already know she finna love the shit I got her.

"I'm finna go!" I shouted to Mariah, unlocking the front door.

"Wait on me!" she yelled back. I sighed and listened for subtle foot steps.