Chapter 23

Jahserih Seraph Wilkins
(Jah-sir-ray) — Jah — Saint
Chapter 23: Lean n' things

I walked out of first period, feeling my sickness rise.

Ain't this about a bitch?

I stumbled into the bathroom, my guts rising like a motherfucker. Just as I was about make my way to a bathroom stall, a nigga appeared right in front of me.

"Oh shit-"

"Fuck my bad bro." I mumbled. I threw up on his jacket and inside, I know Niyah would've been disappointed at me, that I went back to doing shit like this.

"Nigga, is you alright?" Ron asked, helping me to the stall. I groaned before throwing up again, feeling my insides dump out.

Every time this happened, I felt like a little bitch.

It was the worst part of doing shit like lean. I know I could stop if I wanted to, but what would be the point in doing that?

Without it, I'd constantly be depressed as fuck, wondering about questions I won't get answers to.

Shit was better when I was numb. Nothing to feel, nothing to worry about.

I threw up again and wiped my mouth, the saliva dripping into the crystal clear toilet water. I immediately noticed the look on Ron face after looking up.

"What nigga?" I chuckled, slowly getting up from the toilet. I still felt a bit dizzy, but it would wear off soon. It always does.

"Man, you need to get yo act together. Do Linah even know you doing this bullshit to yo body?" Ron sighed.

"Sheon need to know." I mumbled. "It ain't got shit to do with her."

"Ion know why you lyin, I know you better then this nigga." Ron shook his head. "This about yo parents and Dre, ain't it?"

I went silent. Wasn't shit else ta say, because it's exactly what it was.

She left me for no reason, when shit was actually good. And for Dre? That bitch-made nigga. Shit almost made me angry.

Everyone knew the way Dre was, hell even her mom knows how the nigga acts. But, it still doesn't change the fact that she left. That she abandoned me. Just the way they did.

"Come on man," Ron took my arm. "We finna get you home."

I nodded my head and started walking out the exit with Ron. I made a mental note to call up the high school later and inform them of my early absence. Despite all the shit going on, I'm still trying to graduate and I sure as hell refuse ta be held back because of absences.

We made it to my all black SRT and drove off, making our way to CVS.

"I'm getting yo ass sum cold medicine, and a fucking ginger ale. If I catch you doing any bullshit, Ima beat yo ass nigga." Ron locked the car doors.

I chuckled as I watched him walk into CVS.

"Niggas be trippin." I sighed. I opened the dashboard and pulled out a fat blunt, rolling up and lighting it with a blue BIC Lighter.

"Nigga give me this shit!" Ron snatched the cigar from out my hand.

"Bruh, it's just fucking weed. You acting like it's gon kill me or sum." I snapped. "Gimme my shit back."

"It don't got nothing to do with the drugs, it got everything to do with you! Look at you nigga! i You carrying on like you ain't got a little sister and grandma to take care of. What you gon do if yo sister lose you? Who else they gon depend on?" Ron exhaled. I stared ahead, not answering his question.

"Here." Ron passed the blunt to me.

"Ima get straight." I replied.

"You ain't got no choice but to nigga. We didn't come into this shit fa no reason."

"I know." I said, pulling from the blunt. "I'm tryna go to the trap."

"Ight." Ron pulled off from CVS.

"I don't know what to do to be honest." I spoke.

"What you mean?" Ron asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"I don't want this lifestyle no more, Ion wanna be like this no more." I shrugged.

"Then what's the plan? Cause you need a hustle to survive. You finna get a job or sum?"

"Shit, I might just have to. Maybe work in a warehouse or sum."

"What about yo shares?"

"I mean, you can have em'. Or give 'em to anybody except that bitch ass nigga."

"Man fuck it, I'll quit with you. We ain't blood but you my brother, plus I'm about to go to college soon anyways. I'll just leave the shit to Quavo and let him take over."

"You forreal?"

"Yes nigga, we gon get through this shit together. But on yo ma, you gotta get better."

"Say on my momma one mo gen' and I'll beat yo ass."

"On yo momma."

"Nigga," I laughed. "It's okay, I'm fosho getting my one witchu."

"Shiidd, bet. I need to beat yo ass anyways for doing allat stupid shit."

"It's only thing I could think of to numb the pain."

"Only thing you thought of or only thing you wanted ta do?" Ron questioned.

"Only thing I wanted to do." I mumbled.

"Just know if youn talk to Niyah, imma tell ha myself."

"I will, today. I'm just not ready for ha reaction. I feel like all I do lately is disappoint her."

"Ion think you 'disappoint' her. I just think she wants the best for you. She seem like a real down female man. Keep ha around, she do good by you."

"That's the plan." I smiled. "I wanna be wit her for a while, for as long as I can be."

"Man don't speak like that." Ron sighed. "Finna make a real nigga tear up."

"Nigga please." I laughed. "Come on and get yo ass out the car."

——

A/N: I decided to go ahead and upload this chapter although it's very short. I've been really busy lately but I promise chapters are coming out soon! But in the meantime what y'all want more of with my story? how can I make it more enjoyable for y'all?