Chapter 7 : Faithfull Encounter

Rachel's POV

I had just met Kim Suho and his team after fighting the Djins. Although they did start asking questions but they soon calmed down as they saw the situation. 

I was sitting on a fallen tree, facing the 3 of them on the opposite. After we met, seeing that I wasn't answering, Kim Suho went to check the corps that were fallen on the ground. There were Monster parts on their body clearly indicating that they were not Humans, thus I was able to avoid too much suspicion.

After that, they cleaned the bodies while also checking if the bodies had some good equipment. After they had finished, Kim Suho had began setting up a campfire at the side where there were a few fallen trees. Now I was there facing the three of them, their eyes locked on me. It was a little uncomfortable but it was not strange given how the Djins had even been able to sabotage the Exam, and why they had specifically attacked me.

"So... Rachel-sii, could you please explain the situation?" Said Kim Suho as he looked at me with a look 'You don't have to if you like'. Chae Nayun also asked the same question while Shin Jonghak just kept quiet.

"...O-ok. Well, how should I begin?" I said as I thought how I should start. After some thought, I started explaining to them how I had met them while hunting a monster and they invited me to their team. I also told them how after reaching the base, these assassins started attacking me and also the fact that the team members were acting suspicious.

"Hmm... Did you take care of all of them yourself?" There, this was the question I had wished they didn't asked me. Although I did fought them, I didn't fought all of them. That person took care of most of them, I just finished what was left. Even in the end, the ones that escaped were probably chased by him. But seeing how during our previous exam at Cube, he told me not to tell the guards anything about him, I had assumed that he didn't want himself to be known. I didn't know what the reason was, but even now, he had saved me again. 

"Rachel-sii?"

It was as if he had already known  that Djins would attack me, and waited for the right time. Maybe he wanted me to form a team with him for extra safety and to avoid any other chances of something bad happening? That was something I didn't know of. Back to the situation, I decided to hide it, but if I did meet him again, I would be sure to ask him if he knew something.

"Rachel-sii?"

"Huh? Ah y-yes it was me. I took care of all of them."

"Ok... do you know why they attacked you?"

"N-no" I said as I looked down feeling sad. It was probably him who sent them to kill or hurt me. But I didn't want these people to get involved in these matters. I had a feeling that they would help a little but I would still feel guilty that I couldn't do it myself. I was a princess, and if I let my weakside be shown, people would think that I wasn't worthy to be the Princess and our family would be looked down upon.

Kim Suho stared at me for a few seconds, but feeling that I was probably getting uncomfortable, he left it there.

"Ok. And also, would you like to join our team? I'm sure we could help you if something like this happened."

"Sorry, but I would like to remain alone for some time... I'm sorry if I disappointed you."

"Of course not! Well it's your choice so I have nothing to say in this. But just in case if something happened, feel free to come to us."

"I am thankful for that, but I don't want to burden you. Than, farewell."

I said as I left towards the forest. I could hear the, saying something. But I didn't care much. But then...