Chapter 28 : Beach[Part 2]

3rd POV

Hajin and Rachel stayed like that for quite some time, and only separated when they finally heard their daughter calling them.

"Mommy, Daddy! Look, I finished my castle!" She said as she ran towards them and jumped onto their laps. "Don't leave me behind!" She retorted as she hugged Hajin and Rachel, or at least to, but her arms were too small to hug them both at once. Still, they didn't say anything and just took her into their embrace as well.

After a few seconds, Evandel separated as though she remebered something important.

"Ah! This was not what I wanted to show you! Come with me!" She said as she took their hands into hers and dragged them to where she had built her sand castle.

"Hmm~ That's a beautiful sand castle you built there, Ev~"

It was nothing extraordinary, nor was it too normal, just the perfect balance. Even though Evandel was not a normal child, she still behaved like one.

"Indeed, Ev, you did a great job~" Rachel praised her, to which Evandel puffed out her chest as she proudly gave nods.

"Ah, speaking of which, Ev, do you know how to swim?" Rachel asked.

"Swim?"

"Yeah, like those people you watch on the TV moving in water by pushing their hands and feet onto the water."

"I... I don't know..." She said while looking sad.

"A-ah, n-no need to worry about it;;; Do you want us to teach you how to swim?"

"Really?!" Evandel exclaimed with shiny eyes.

"Yes. And speaking of swimming, Hajin, you don't know how to swim either, right?"

"Yeah... I never had a need to swim cuz I could walk under and on water with my powers..." He said while averting his face to the side. He didn't want to admit it, but even though he was 17, and mentally 25, he didn't know how to swim.

"That won't do... come, I'll teach you how to swim too." She said as she crossed her arms under her chest and puffed her chest proudly. Yep, as the saying goes, "as mother as daughter."

"Okay..." Hajin said defeatedly as he followed her and Evandel to the ocean.

*

**

***

About an hour had passed since they started practicing swimming. Evandel had gotten the hang of it relatively easily, something that her potential and talent helped a great deal in.

Meanwhile, Hajin tried, but didn't succeed. He tried several times, but nothing changed much. In the end, he just created a gift that allowed him to swim.

Rachel could only sigh at this. But she gave up on that soon too as she joined Hajin and Evandel in swimming.

For sometime, they continued swiming and playing in water. A while later, Evandel got tired, so Hajin created a child sized swimming mattress and gave it to Evandel, who got on it and layed down to catch her breath, but soon fell asleep instead.